Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun

Thread: Kahr P/CW380 with .22LR barrel

Default Kahr P/CW380 with .22LR barrel

What has to change in the un for Kahr to make a drop in .22 barrel besides the barrel and the mag?

Quote Originally Posted by KahrP380owner View Post
    What has to change in the un for Kahr to make a drop in .22 barrel besides the barrel and the mag?

What I would have much preferred rather the the LCPll I now own in 22.cal would have been a dedicated Kahr or Beretta Pico in that caliber. Utilizing the same great DAO triggers. Both of the 380's are fun to shoot and mild shooting, a 22 cal would provide a great platform for adding to more skills, especially point and shoot at a much lower cost. Kudos to Ruger for this. I have a lot of experiences with Ruger LCP's and wrote a number of letters recommending they come out with a 22.cal version. Sadly they did not do this with the GEN. 2 (Not LCPll). The Gen 2 actually had a very niece DAO. (Still own one)

The striker would have to be modified but that don't seem like it would be a major hurdle. If they modified the feed lips they could probably end up with a double stack 22 which might be near as effective as a 380.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I asked Kahr about and theysaid they have no plans for this .22 conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    The striker would have to be modified
    If they were clever, they could just offset the barrel bore up or down a bit so the existing striker just hits the rim of the .22

Colt is another gun maker that hasn't innovated in a looooong time. I hope bringing back the snake revolvers and being bought by CZ helps them. They don't seem to make any .22s either.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

I like my CZ-75 SP-01 tactical. I shoot the 22 conversion kit more than the 9MM due to ammo prices. No reason Kahr couldn't build a kit for the P380 if they chose to.