Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Xssights   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IWB Holster Suggestions for PM9

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default IWB Holster Suggestions for PM9

Hello,

I’ve been scouring the internet trying to find information on IWB holsters for my PM9. I’ve found maybe 3 or 4 so far that are under consideration. I’m not too concerned about price, but all of the holsters I’ve found so far are well under $100. I’m more interested in comfort and security than anything. I want the holster to be relatively comfortable, otherwise, carrying becomes an aggravation. I don’t want the holster moving around on the belt, it has to be secure. I want the holster to securely hold my PM9 and I’m not opposed to additional retention features as I’m used to wearing level 3 gear anyway. A low profile design which would minimize printing, which shouldn’t be much of an issue with the PM9 anyway, is a plus. Also a plus would be the ability to adjust can’t, but if a holster has a pretty good fixed carry angle, I wouldn’t be opposed to trying it out. And lastly quality, I’m looking for a high quality product and a manufacturer that stands by their products. If anyone has some experience or suggestions on holsters that meet the above criteria, I’m ready to read away.

Also, I’ve recently stumbled upon the Vedder Rapid Tuck IWB and the Vedder Comforttuck IWB holsters. Does anybody have any specific experience with either of these holsters or commentary on them?

Thanks in advance, I look forward to seeing some feedback.

I have been using PJ Holsters for several years for my PM9. I actually have two, one is a tuckable, behind the belt J-hook and is set to carry pretty deep, which is what I wanted. I use it when I'm wearing a tucked shirt, it pretty much disappears. The grip sits parallel on the belt line. The other holster sets up a bit higher and is the clip on loop, which I carry most of the time. It is easier to draw from, but requires untucked shirt. They are very comfortable for me. Paul will do you right, I actually purchased the clip on holster used off this sight, after a while the clip was starting to crack. I contacted Paul and he said the holster was an older one and he had corrected the clip problem. He had me send it to him and he fixed it with the reinforce clip only charging the shipping.
    I also have one for an XDs-45 with the belt loop. If/when I needed another IWB holster I will order a PJ Holster.

Custom Kydex Handgun Holsters, IWB, OWB, and Pocket Holsters (pjholster.com)

I'm a devout Garrett Holsters fan. I have an IWB Silent Thunder for every gun I carry. Adjustable cant, leather lined kydex so tough on the outside but easy on the gun finish and quiet going in and out. They have also improved the belt clip which is a tremendous improvement.
    I never used to like IWB but after playing and messing with the adjustments, that's about all I do now days.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

The PM9 is the same size as my MK9 that I just purchased. I have a CW9 that I carry in a holster made by a local custom holster maker. My MK9 fit that holster just that it didn’t reach the bottom end of the holster. Not wanting to collapse the end of that holster, I was looking for one that the MK9 would fit properly. I ended up with the Mitch Rosen from the Kahr store. I’ve been carrying in it every day now for over a month. For me it is very comfortable. Last weekend was just shy of 500 miles on my motorcycle. This holster puts the butt of the gun very close to the top of the belt/ pants, Just above and close to the body.

I personally do not like IWB holsters. I like my Pants to fit perfectly. But I do use these. One of the great things about the Kahr small 9mm is the light weight and slim design.
    Sorry I do not have a pic of a Kahr with one, but here is one on my Nano, so you get the idea. About the same size as the Kahr. No bulk, easy to use and draw. I usually carry Apex. Plus I place them on all my guns when not in use or going to the range. Small investment to try out.

@Mariner74

Thank you for the thread and for the mention of Vedder. I came to the forum today to solicit suggestions for a tuck holster for my P380. I checked out Vedder and bought one.

I really like the one I use for my PM9 but it has no labeling so I was not able to determine who made it.

Tuck holster front cropped.jpg

Tuck holster rear cropped.jpg

I think we all have a drawer full of "the perfect recommended holsters", everyone is different and likes are not all the same.
    Do you like Pepsi or Coke? Chevy or Ford? What type of oil should I use in Harley......there are tons of right answers.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Pepsi, Chevy and I don't have a Harley so I don't give a rats behind.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

KAHR PM9 IWB HOLSTER by We The people Holsters.
    Last edited by AnnWWarren; 12-02-2022 at 10:15 PM.

I've seen those We the people Holsters. Never tried one personally but they look good in the pictures.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan