Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Used P380 or New CT380?

Quote Originally Posted by frrg2021 View Post
    LGS has two older P380s in stock with the pink grip. Best I can tell from the numbers one is RB/2010 and one is RC/2011. The 2010 looks just about new while the 2011 has some minor signs of wear but was probably carried more than shot. Both are in the upper $200s. Any reliability probs with the pink ones?

New CT380s are just under $400.

This would be to replace an LCP. I’ve tried and tried to love it but after several hundred rounds my initial impression (tinker toy) has not dissipated.

I like the pocket size of the LCP and only reservation about the CT380 is size but a lot of folks say you can pocket it and it’s much smaller in person vs pics. I have grip extension and hogue on the LCP so it might be a wash on size.

I’d have to get the frame on the pink one cerakoted as I’m not into pink, so end of day price between them would likely be about even end of day. Maybe a little less on the p380 and I’d have a cool color on the frame.
    If you want nothing but trouble, get one....................................If not, get a real gun, not a pea shooter. 9mm is for sale everywhere. Spend less, get more. The wifey's LCP II .380 has been great, no issues and very accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    If you want nothing but trouble, get one....................................If not, get a real gun, not a pea shooter. 9mm is for sale everywhere. Spend less, get more. The wifey's LCP II .380 has been great, no issues and very accurate.

Lol, go to the Ruger forum and see if there are really no problems with the Ruger LCP's. It is funny, when a Kahr 380 has a issue it is parroted all over the internet. When a LCP has a issue, it is not reported at all on other forums as if they do not exist. Being a member of both forums and three Ruger forums for years including the Original ElsiePea I can assure you there have been thousands of failures and right out of the box. Not be mentioned cracked grips, split rails, and bad magazines. They are Cheaply made. In all honesty I would get the Keltec before the LCP. Parts are cheap and easy to replace, much better trigger (Dao) And do not buy into the nonsense that the LCP is a more accurate shooter, it is not in any way unless you are just a "Target Shooter". Personally
    I would have NO problem buying a used P380

Yes, they all have their issues. LCP's are throw away guns. They are not meant to be target/range guns. Hence, the price. But, they are just as accurate at the distances for which they were designed for as a Kahr, if not more so. For me, it breaks down to, do you want to have a more expensive firearm, that's problem prone and needs good ammo, or do you want a cheaper firearm that feeds everything, and you get rid of it when it's days are numbered. Even a cheap firearm will last a lifetime if it's used for it's purpose only. You don't have to sell me on Kahr's. I'm well aware of their niche in the gun world. Too much sugar makes for too sweet a cake.

I’ve detail stripped my LCP and it’s junk. Not saying the Kahr is any huge improvement, I really don’t know, but I can’t imagine something built cheaper. The top end is ok but the sub frame and frame are very much disposable.

I’ve had a few unintended mag drops and jams, so the lcp certainly isn’t trouble free. Agree it is quite accurate for what it is, surprisingly so.

I’ve got 9mm including G43. Something like the LCP/P380/CT380 fills a niche in the collection.

... fyi anyone saying a 380 isn’t a real gun, especially at these distances, immediately gets the weekend warrior/mall ninja badge. I’ve done gel tests and 380 is very capable and effective. Not interested in any testimony to the contrary.

I'll take the ninja badge. Been a weekday and a weekend warrior for 65+ yrs. A .380 is a real gun at 25 ft. After that, not so much. Let me know when you join the real world and you walk around with gel in your shirt and in your pants. Then tell me about your useless gel tests, you know, the ones that don't have bone, or cartilage, and don't stop bullets in their tracks......................................JFYI, I had to dispatch of a large(20#) cat a few weeks back. It was very sick and hobbling around. Used the wifey's LCP II. I knew that my .357 or .40 was overkill or so I thought. I dispatched it using Hornady Critical Defense 95 gr. JHP from about 35 ft. away. Right between the eyes, proving once again that it's just as accurate as any other pea shooter. Problem was that after walking over to the animal, it was still alive so I had to use another $2.00 bullet so there was no suffering. I don't go by other's gel tests and crapolla you see on the net. I go by real life experience, and my experience tells me that I am not in the least comfortable or confident in the caliber. If everyone/anyone else is, great. I'm in the process of once again, trying to get my wife to increase her caliber preference. After the cat episode, she's thinking twice. I told her that If I would have been shooting at someone to protect myself, and they were wearing a coat, it never would have stopped them without a head shot for sure. It would have taken multiple, multiple shots. Please save all of the "I wouldn't want to get shot by one" comments. I wouldn't want to get shot with anything. Period. But you sure would have a very good chance at surviving a .380 gun shot unless it was a head shot. As far as for defensive purposes, you could explain to the district attorney why it was necessary to shoot up a whole magazine and reload just to fend off an threat.

I was shot today. They said I have to come back to be shot again in three weeks. I asked why. They said it’s because they’re out of 45 and had to use 380.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

I just got notified that I'm eligible to be shot, told them I ain't no guinea pig. I want to live for a few more years where I see the commercials on the Trump network. If you received a Covid shot in 2021 you may be eligible for substantial compensation but too bad. Your guinea pigs and lawyers are on probation.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    I'll take the ninja badge....Right between the eyes, proving once again that it's just as accurate as any other pea shooter. Problem was that after walking over to the animal, it was still alive so I had to use another $2.00 bullet so there was no suffering.......I told her that If I would have been shooting at someone to protect myself, and they were wearing a coat, it never would have stopped them without a head shot for sure. It would have taken multiple, multiple shots.
    Pure gold. Here’s your mall ninja badge. You’ve earned it.

God, I love caliber Wars! So many experts come out of the cracks like cockroaches at night.

Often times wondered how one tells the experts from the cockroaches. To me it all about whatever anyone is comfy carrying.
    My wife got me some slightly more powerful glasses so I can see these little bitty 9mm cartridges, seems to help a little bit.

As mentioned several million times over the years, most of us will never be involved or have need for the gun we refuse to leave home without. I actually don't leave without even when I don't leave home, wear one all day every day. But better to have and not need than need and not have, isn't that the old saying?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."