Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Used P380 or New CT380?

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Often times wondered how one tells the experts from the cockroaches. To me it all about whatever anyone is comfy carrying.
    It’s easy. I’m the expert. Anyone who disagrees with me is a cockroach. Isn’t that how we do things in the new America?

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    I was shot today. They said I have to come back to be shot again in three weeks. I asked why. They said it’s because they’re out of 45 and had to use 380.
    Don't quit your day job.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Don't quit your day job.
    I’m too busy shooting to have a day job.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Yes, they all have their issues. LCP's are throw away guns. They are not meant to be target/range guns. Hence, the price. But, they are just as accurate at the distances for which they were designed for as a Kahr, if not more so. For me, it breaks down to, do you want to have a more expensive firearm, that's problem prone and needs good ammo, or do you want a cheaper firearm that feeds everything, and you get rid of it when it's days are numbered. Even a cheap firearm will last a lifetime if it's used for it's purpose only. You don't have to sell me on Kahr's. I'm well aware of their niche in the gun world. Too much sugar makes for too sweet a cake.

You say a LCP is just as accurate as a LCP. Owning both including shooting LCP's for 10 years I could not disagree more. But if it more accurate for you than that is what is all it is about. I did not even know you owned a Kahr 380. How are you comparing? Are you rapid firing both guns against each other or just target shooting them? The Kahr's have always been extremly accurate and mild shooting, much more so than the LCP's. I have ran them side by side many times over the years. Not once I ever seen a LCP out shoot a Kahr. Do I want a gun that is more expensive, or do I want more accident prone? Mine are NOT accident prone so I will dismiss that as a criteria. Yes, the Kahr will not feed some ammo but so what. I know my guns and in normal times have no problem feeding or finding good quality ammo both range and defensive. Plenty in my stash as I speak. Thousands of rounds. Your quote "Even a cheap firearm will last a life time, if it is used for it's purpose?" What the heck does that mean? Any Gun you carry should get plenty of range time regardless of how you feel about the caliber or the size. And I do NOT want a firearm that folds like a cheap lawn chair at a measly 1500-2000 rd. I want one built for the long haul. one that that has the ability to shoot HOT ammo.
    If a gun is cheaply built and a throw away gun, then your really never know when that failure might occur, maybe much sooner than you think. And again be careful of any hot ammo.
    I also saw your post about 380's only as good at 7 yds. Sorry, I will have to disagree with you again. That will depend on the owner and shooter. There are many that can do so very nice shooting at 15 yds rapid fire. But they are the people that actually shoot them often and enjoy shooting them.
    And you always bring up the LCP all the time when you want to bash Kahr. That is fine, If you want to compare it the same as others compare other guns in the same class. I will not have a mental break down from that or the fact that you are always bringing up the LCP. I have no issue with it. Comparisons are great. But how about a honest comparison? You also mention Crappy sights on the LCP. Not my words, but yours. Why would anyone buy crappy sights when a better quality firearm is out there with nice sights? And especially THE ABILITY TO HAVE NIGHT SIGHTS? At least a nice front sight for rapid fire beyond the standard internet 7 yds. And especially if you use a front sight with other firearms for rapid fire and multiple targets.
    Now I know your are the resident caliber War leader, so I will not go there. But if you want to move up to a 9mm then the Kahr CM9 is about as close as you can get for a quality 9mm compared to the size and light weight of a 380. NO PROBLEM.
    As far as your wife is concerned, can she handle a CM9? Which is a mild shooting, very small gun? And so easy to carry and easy to make the transition to 9mm. I do not think you can get a smaller gun other than the Keltec which weighs about 12oz but yes, larger and more recoil not as pleasant to shoot. One other question, can your wife shoot a DAO well? Can you? Just asking.

First off, everyone knows that the Kahr .380 is a problem child. It's been no secret for years. Longer than you've been shooting the LCP. Just as many have been sold as purchased. Second, I don't bash the Kahr brand. I carried an MK9 for 9+ years. Would I do that if I thought Kahr was junk??????? Third, I bash the .380 caliber. It's weak tit at best. Better off carrying a .22 cal. Many of the people on this forum were dealing with Kahr firearms while you were convincing your husband that the .380 cal. is the best thing since white bread. We are all so happy that an expert in pea shooters can come on to this forum and educate us losers that have only been shooting, in my case for over 50+ years. I guess the larger calibers are too much for you. It's ok, a man has to know his limitations, and in your case, it's anything over .380 apparently. All you really want to do, is force your opinion on to everyone else. Along with telling us all how great the Pico and Apx are. Blah, blah, blah............maybe if you step away from the mirror, you would realize that many people are not in a financial position to purchase Kahr's and have to settle for something less pricey, like an LCP or other plastic squirt gun. I would venture a guess that 95% of people who own an LCP or something similar, don't practice much at all, and if they do, it's with a different firearm. Should you practice with what you carry? Of course, but once again, if you can't afford an LCP for practice and an LCP for carry, you are not going to burn out your firearm practicing with something that has a short shelf life. You probably have never seen an LCP outshoot a Kahr because you're always alone at practice time. What a surprise. As far as failures, you never know when ANY firearm will fail. If you can tell, take us all to Vegas and we'll put $10 on the black. As far as night sights, odds are you'll never get a chance to use them in a defensive situation. You won't have time. Crappy guns have crappy sights. What do you suggest????? $150 sights on a $250 firearm???? If it's all someone can afford, that's it. " Yes, the Kahr will not feed some ammo but so what." I understand your criteria now. There is some real confidence. What you want isn't necessarily what others want. When you realize that there are more firearms besides Kahr's and more calibers besides .380, come back and tell us about it. As far as my wifey is concerned, I would NEVER have her own a Kahr especially a CM9. Too difficult to rack. Too difficult to clear a misfeed. Too easy to limp wrist. My wife used to carry a .357 if your asking if she can shoot. She may have been shooting longer than you've been talking up the Pico. I carry a .357 revolver or an H&K .40. You can tell me all about .the mighty .380 caliber till the cows come home. It became a popular caliber for people that like pocket rockets, for people that are recoil sensitive, and for people that can't hit the side of a barn with anything larger. It's the convenience caliber. It's the drop in your pocket caliber when rushing out to the gas station. If you like it, and like to shoot it, fine. Please don't talk to us like we're your stupid step child. I don't know what's so difficult in understanding my comment that an LCP will last a lifetime when used for it's purpose. It's purpose is a convenient drop in the pocket firearm that has minimal recoil, causes minimal damage, and isn't to be used for lots of practice on the range. It's the reason why many women like the caliber.

Thumbs up

Had to laugh at the very beginning "Alone when shooting?" Wrong again. I have belonged to a group of Pocket gun and small barrel shooters for 10 ys. Bought my first LCP in2009 when they first came out. We typically meet every week or at least every two weeks. We organize many informal competitions throughout the year and many of these folks have been shooting for many decades. Yes, I will agree most people do not practice with a LCP. And what a shame. Most typically go to the range a few times a year, take their time to get the proper stance, hold the gun at the target for what seems like ages and then try a work the trigger and hope to hit center mass.
    Yes indeed I compare 380 to the Pico . So what? I could careless if you do not like it. I am comparing guns just like YOU do with the LCP and others like the Sig 365 which gets a lot of attention here so bug off on that. You just want to make that personal
    As far as failures, I will go by my own real life experiences which show a flawless guns and the guns others shoot in the club as well. And do not TELL me about your ballistic knowledge of the 380. I think we are all sick and tired of the caliber wars. And by the way the convenient Cat (20LBs) means nothing. On another forum a guy talks about taking down 5 large feral dogs around 80Lbs with a 380. Dogs that killed his Lab. But again, just more fodder for the caliber war.
    Yes, I love the Kahr 380 and CM9. And the last time I checked this is a Kahr forum and I am a dedicated fan that does have quite a bit of experience shooting them and other 380's and small 9's. At this point, it is better that you and I just go forward and agree to disagree. Carry what you want. If you want a 357 which we quite often hear about. I have no problem at all and will never bash your choice. Live and let live. Have a great Day!!

Ok, we've fairly had a rebuttals and points presented. I took the horse down for water and graze but it didn't seem to help. I'd put it down but I'm not sure what I should use to do it with and I like horses so into the pasture he goes.

As this is becoming quite personal by party of the first part and the party of the second part with little sign of a peace treaty I think we'll just close this one down.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."