Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Xssights
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: I think Kahr is done

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    I don’t think the market shifted, it expanded. S&W and Ruger still sell a lot of 5 shot revolvers. They sell small 10+ round 9mm semis too, so they cover the bases.

Look at Rock Island Armory , almost all they do is 1911s. No micro PocketMax 360Cats there. They also don’t have a forum for customers to complain, either.
    Probably not a pocket rocket, but they do have a 380...https://www.armscor.com/firearms/bbr...baby-rock-380/
    You'll see some complaints here: https://www.1911forum.com/forums/rock-island-armory.64/

Talking 1911s, brings .4ACP to mind...I believe Kahr's 45ACP guns are very completive in their market niche (especially against other poly frame guns of the same ilk). It's sad that they seem to be the red headed-step child in the scheme of things at Kahr. Come on man, at least give them flat metal baseplates.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    One thing for certain, If a newbie comes to this forum, they sure will not buy a Kahr. More bashers here than any forum I have seen. A few are relentless, the same people bashing the manufacturer over and over. What a shame, because Kahr is such a great EDC firearm. And all over a few extra rounds that many do not care about anyway. And then you have the same guy that constantly wants to start a damn caliber war. Maybe a forum will come out for folks that truly love the guns. This place is not the place it use to be. For those that want a double stack 9mm, go buy one for God sake, do us all a favor and go someone else to bash Kahr. We got your message loud and clear!
    One thing for certain, if a newbie comes to this forum, they sure will not buy a Pico or Apx. I've heard more about them from one person than I can stand. They are relentless, the same person telling us how great the Pico and Apx are over and over. What a shame because Kahr's are nice firearms. And all over a few underpowered .380 rds. Maybe a forum will come out for folks that truly drool over the Pico. For those that want an underpowered firearm, go buy one for god sake., do us all a favor and go somewhere else to espouse the plastic Pico. We got your message loud and clear. We listen to your S#!t over and over again. The least you can do is listen to ours without the whine and crackers.

Yes, flat METAL bases would be nice! I've bought all kinds of followers and bases and ruined at least a few Kahr ones trying to make them flatter, or fit the Kahr .45 mags.

I hate the regular capacity Kahr .45 bases... too thick or bulky, and waste a possible 1-round larger capacity.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

I'm pretty sure that Kahr has been selling all the pistols they can produce. And that was the case over a year ago too. I'm also pretty sure that if they started to get stuck with P9's that won't move, they have enough profit margin to reduce the price to where they will sell.

But I have to say that I would love to see the P9 with a slightly thicker grip and staggered mag like the Shield. I still prefer to shoot the K9 rather than the P9, and it's not because of the weight. It's the grip. If you compare the grip of the Shield with that of the K9, they're about the same thickness - no, actually the K9 grip is a ltitle thicker....and to me, it is perfect. Seems to me that there should be no reason that the P9 grip couldn't be the same, and add another round or two. I don't care much about the extra rounds, but a P9 with a slightly more hand-filling grip without losing the low bore axis, stellar accuracy, and excellent trigger would make me buy another Kahr or two. But until then....I'm good.

Speaking of those last three points....Kahr still has the others beat. I've looked hard at these newer offerings, but I ain't buyin' them either - more rounds be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    One thing for certain, if a newbie comes to this forum, they sure will not buy a Pico or Apx. I've heard more about them from one person than I can stand. They are relentless, the same person telling us how great the Pico and Apx are over and over. What a shame because Kahr's are nice firearms. And all over a few underpowered .380 rds. Maybe a forum will come out for folks that truly drool over the Pico. For those that want an underpowered firearm, go buy one for god sake., do us all a favor and go somewhere else to espouse the plastic Pico. We got your message loud and clear. We listen to your S#!t over and over again. The least you can do is listen to ours without the whine and crackers.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Had a good chuckle. Appreciate y'all, berettabone, JohnR, and King Rat.

I see the usual pay over 500 shouldn't require a break in period. I chuckle. Every gun needs a break in. Kahr is one of the few that's actually up front about it. Oh well. Most shooters need a break in too, some more than others.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Break-in is fun, who wouldn’t want an excuse to shoot lots of ammo through a new gun?

Quote Originally Posted by FreeMe View Post
    But I have to say that I would love to see the P9 with a slightly thicker grip and staggered mag like the Shield. I still prefer to shoot the K9 rather than the P9, and it's not because of the weight. It's the grip. If you compare the grip of the Shield with that of the K9, they're about the same thickness - no, actually the K9 grip is a ltitle thicker....and to me, it is perfect. Seems to me that there should be no reason that the P9 grip couldn't be the same, and add another round or two. I don't care much about the extra rounds, but a P9 with a slightly more hand-filling grip without losing the low bore axis, stellar accuracy, and excellent trigger would make me buy another Kahr or two. But until then....I'm good.
    The Kahr-branded Hogue wood grips on the K9 are a bit thicker, still, than the K9 OEM rubber grips, and they (the wood grips) make the K9 perfect for me for CC-ing and shooting.

rx7sig