CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Xssights   Mitch Rosen
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: I think Kahr is done

Beautiful Wilson boss, love those grips, just perfection….…I need to get my air rifle out and play with it again…..A couple years ago before we moved I was in a MAJOR squirrel war because of all the trees around our old house…..The damn little tree rats were eating my house and every fall morning at sunrise I would hear, crunch crunch crunch on the wall outside my bedroom so I would grab my old Crosman 760 and try to get a shot but always missed and I swear the little bastards would laugh at me and keep chewing away…..

I decided it was time for a weapon upgrade so I went to Walmart and bought a Gamo .177 pellet rifle with a scope for about a buck fifty and it was a game changer, squirrels were dropping left and right….I don’t have anything against squirrels in general until they start eating my house and running around my attic all night…..If you ever have squirrel problems look into a Squirrelinator trap off Amazon, peanut butter bait works great and I caught a bunch of um and hauled them off…….I could have taken them to the park but I enjoyed letting them out on the side of the interstate…….

getsome, that squirrel story reminds me of my late Dad trying to control the squirrels in his back yard (edge of city limits) that were shredding his pecans and tearing up his plums. He started trapping them and taking them about a half mile from his house down the county road. A week later, the same squirrels would be back in his yard again. He caught and hauled off one of them enough that he named it.

I offered to take them with a pellet gun, but I think he had more entertainment with trapping, relocating, trapping again .....

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Only kahr I still own is a ct45 now . Hand surgery's cost me enough grip strength that snappy thin and light 9mm and 40sw no longer matter I gave to family . Also after several e mails covering why kahr should build a double stack I find no reason to ever buy anything kahr again . I still have a ct45 I bought when between 1911's that I finally pulled out of the safe a few months ago and have some range time with it again but my lw commander sure feels nicer shooting and covers my carry needs again ..

I bought a s&w 669 back in '88 but never carried it much . Nice pistol but !!! What I did find years ago and attempted several times to get kahr to pay attention too was the s&w 669 alloy frame was just under 1" wide with a 12 round double stack mag . Not interested was what I was told , several times . Maybe the wis-dum at kahr was thinking it would be looked at like a KT p-11 as those pistol could use the s&w 59 design mags as back up . What ever it was kahr missed the boat with the light 12or 13 shot double stack pistols out there today .

7.5 years after surgery still not lite carry handguns for me but I'm retired so I can carry as small as the s&w 669 or m&p9c we have but I favor a 04840wc lw commander in 45 or a m&p 4.25 40sw with thumb safety and a 3.5ln apex trigger kit added some years back

I even mentioned that the 45acp pistols could be changed to a run with 38 super that so many old school 1911 guys loved and use 1911 mags instead of kahrs . That could have been an affordable option for the 4" model .

I had to make a 3/8 wide 3/16" high notch in the bottom front of the ct45 grip so I could use my 1911 mags and have a clean flat bottom with one extra round ! Poor ole kahr missed the boat for a small light double stacks poly pistol buy about 10 years and counting .

Is kahr done . Maybe , but they bought other brands that might keep the office functioning for a while but there dead to me . Kahrs various Gen 2 pistols made me wonder what happened to there common sense .

It is interesting to see how little chit chat is going on lately .

I haven't had hand surgery but I do agree I don't like the snappy thin 9's apparently. I got a Sig 365 to try and while I like it more in person then I did in pictures, it's not fun for me to shoot. Lot of bark for a little 9.
    Other than that I don't really agree with rest. With all the brands under the Kahr umbrella they have to be doing something right.
    I'm a pretty devout 1911 guy and I will no doubt stick with them. The Magnum Research 1911's are keepers, I have 3. Very accurate and well put together.
    I entertained the idea of getting a 1911 9mm and will still look but not terribly hard.
    I bought another compact 9 yesterday to try out but I'll save that until I get it and have a chance to shoot it some before I let the cat out of the sack.
    I did see a little ammo on the shelves at the shop, they don't mark the price so not sure how much gold one needs to buy it but at least it was there.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I have had the opportunity to shoot many micro 9mm's. First of all, I see no where at all that Kahr is done. On the contrary. But I have said this many times. However, if choosing a Micro 9mm for hand surgery etc. There may be others to try. I recently tested the FN 503, nice shooting gun and mild shooting. There are others. They may be a little heavier but some are actually quite mild to shoot. The Sig 365 when we tested it, felt very close to the Ruger LC9S which was a gun that I enjoyed but a Snappy sucker. The p365 the same.
    Regardless here is a recoil rating of different firearms you can start out with. If you have hand surgery, it would not make sense to go for a Double stack magazine. I prefer single stack for many reason of which I have previosly stated. And they are easy to reload. Recoil can be subjective so you need to try out each gun. I find the Kahr very easy to shoot and I think it is due to the heavy recoil spring. I own a Beretta Nano and for me, it is one of the mildest I have shot. And I like the grip. But I do carry the Kahr more for the light weight and again, I can shoot it well.
    Another gun I tested was the Mossberg MC1 another light shooting gun IMO. You be the judge.

RECOIL FACTOR
    Keltec PF-9------------9.79 ft-lb 12.7 oz
    Diamondback-DB9---9.28 ft-lb 13.4 oz
    SSCY 8.29 ft-lb 15 oz.
    Kimber Micro9--------8.02 ft-lb 15.6 oz
    Kahr CM9---------------7.7 ft-lb 15.8 oz
    --------------------------------------------------

Ruger LC9S------------7.24 ft-lb 17.2 oz

Sig 365------------------6.99 ft-lb 17.8 oz
    Sig 938--------------------6.99 ft-lb 17.5 oz
    Glock 43X------------------6.93 ft-lb 18.7 oz
    MP Shield-----------------6.8 ft-lb 19 oz
    Springfield Hellcat------6.78 ft-lb 18.3 oz
    Tauraus GX4 6.68 ft-lb 18.5oz
    Beretta APX Carry/Nano- 6.18 ft-lb 19.8 oz
    Ruger Max 9-----------------6.18 ft-lb 20.4 oz
    Smith and Wesson Shield plus 6.04 ft-lb 20.6 oz
    Glock 26-------------------5.98 ft-lb 21.7 oz
    FN503------------------------5.92 ft-lb 21 oz
    Mossberg MC1------------5.89 ft-lb 22.oz
    Honor Defense-----------5.79 ft-lb 22 oz

I've had my eye out for a Mossberg to look at in person. I have a bunch of old Mossberg rifles and wanted to check it out. The low recoil number makes it even more interesting.

Funny how in my younger days I loved recoil, big boom, big hard kicking rifles etc, now days not nearly so much.
    Haven't lit off my 29 or my Ruger 44's for many many moons.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I've had my eye out for a Mossberg to look at in person. I have a bunch of old Mossberg rifles and wanted to check it out. The low recoil number makes it even more interesting.

Funny how in my younger days I loved recoil, big boom, big hard kicking rifles etc, now days not nearly so much.
    Haven't lit off my 29 or my Ruger 44's for many many moons.

The Mossberg was a anomaly. It did not feel as heavy as the ounces indicate. Which leads me to believe it is well balanced which when shooting was very accurate for me. It also had the squared trigger. I really liked the very easy way to clean the striker channel. Just a really simple process that you can do as often as you like without breaking down the pistol.

Here you can see that it is about the same size as the P9. That said, I like the straighter grips of the P9. Some like the grip that brings in the hand closer.

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/...1sc-vs-kahr-p9

The grip is considerable shorter and probably a 2 finger affair. I have relatively small hands so it might not be a big deal. Love to see one in person, from the photo, I'm not sure I'm in love with the trigger but again in hand it might be quite nice.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    The grip is considerable shorter and probably a 2 finger affair. I have relatively small hands so it might not be a big deal. Love to see one in person, from the photo, I'm not sure I'm in love with the trigger but again in hand it might be quite nice.

Here is the Mossberg MC2 as far as Trigger? Lol, you have to go along way to beat the Kahr.

Didn't know there was more than one. I like the MC2 better at least in the pictures.

In your shooting did you ever play with one of the Canik Elites?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan