Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: I think Kahr is done

Hi, new to forum. Have checked it out from time to time. Found this thread entertaining.
    Replying to original topic, or it could be legal agreement with well known firearms manufacturer that helped with an engineering problem way back when with one of the internal components. In return agreed not to make double stack.

Quote Originally Posted by LabTrek View Post
    Hi, new to forum. Have checked it out from time to time. Found this thread entertaining.
    Replying to original topic, or it could be legal agreement with well known firearms manufacturer that helped with an engineering problem way back when with one of the internal components. In return agreed not to make double stack.
    Hello Labtrek, I know you from other forums, always good information. I wonder if you could expand on your comment. Like Army Brat said, my Kahr's two CM9's and Cw380's are not going anywhere but on my person. At 15 29 ounces and the small size will always be my EDC. I do have some other nice EDC guns but none this light as a pistol in 9mm and this size. I personally think that Kahr's do not sell to the General Public is the fact that it has a DAO trigger.
    Jonh Q. Public, especially NEW shooters just cannot shoot them, have no inclination to learn or want to invest the time, ammo and money. Look at the LCP, horrible Gen 1 DAO, then Ruger came out with the GEN 2 which was actually a very nice DAO and then defied all by going with the ridiculous trigger they have now with the LCPll. I do not think Kahr is going anywhere. I use to have a Ruger LC9S nice gun, loved the slim design but always wished it was the size and weight of the Kahr. And had the trigger of the Kahr. Finally traded it for a second CM9 and never looked back.Glad to get rid of the Ruger for what I feel as a dangerous trigger even though I loved the gun. I also have three Beretta Nano's that have a wonderful DAO, same small design, even shoots better than the Kahr, the Ruger, the Sig 365 but alas much heavier than the Kahr. I really do not want a double stack small firearm.
    So expand on your reply. Would be very interested to hear what you have found or a link etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    As I said, my CT380 & CW9 ainít going anywhere except on my person...

I normally carry the CM9 with 6+1 but have the 7 plus one which still makes this gun one of the lightest and easiest guns to carry. The extened grip is light, and for some act as a finger grip.

I think the that Kahr has been buried before it died. There are plenty of other gun companies making single stack CC guns. There will always be a demand from those like me that want a small light gun. By the way, I saw an ad for a SCCY double stack 380 that holds 10+1. I'm still not interested due to size. The FBI says that 99.? percent of gun fights happen within 10 feet and 3. some rounds are fired. I'll take my chances with 7 rounds. If I carried professionally or frequented known dangerous places I would probably have a different outlook. Bigger gun and more bullets.

One thing for certain, If a newbie comes to this forum, they sure will not buy a Kahr. More bashers here than any forum I have seen. A few are relentless, the same people bashing the manufacturer over and over. What a shame, because Kahr is such a great EDC firearm. And all over a few extra rounds that many do not care about anyway. And then you have the same guy that constantly wants to start a damn caliber war. Maybe a forum will come out for folks that truly love the guns. This place is not the place it use to be. For those that want a double stack 9mm, go buy one for God sake, do us all a favor and go someone else to bash Kahr. We got your message loud and clear!

Every time I see a picture of a cm9 it reminds me how nice it is. Mine doesnít get carried too much any more but maybe I need to get it out.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

You'll find things around here go in phases, circle of the forum perhaps. Right now we're in the bashing phase which I find meaningless and mostly not factual. Predictions and business plans with zero first hand information.
    What we consider the positive side of this forum unlike many others is we allow the conversation and don't just ban bashers or shut down threads although I really want to. The other Admin and Mods have a lot more patience than myself.

I chuckle at how many years folks begged for Glock to come out with a single stack, which of course they finally did.

I do agree if one insist on a double stack 9, there are plenty to choose from. Just go get one. Doesn't do a lick of good to chastise or bash Kahr for sticking to what they are good at.

As for caliber wars, those are generally entertaining to me. And I'm probably guilty of instigating from time to time. If one's comfy packing a 380 that's all that matters. Wish everyone carried one, less chance of me getting hurt....*(damn there I go again).
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I am not bashing Kahr, just stating what I would like to see them make. And it certainly wouldnít hurt the brand if they did introduce a doublestack, 1.5 stack, whatever you want to call it, 9mm compact - micro compact for CC.

Some folks act like innovation and producing such a pistol would actually ruin the brand.

This reminds me of the days almost 60 years ago when I was driving my 1960 MGA roadster with bolt-on side curtain sliding windows, and wished British Leyland would build them with more modern roll-up windows.
    About 30 years later I was thrilled to buy a used 1974 MGB that actually had the roll-up crank windows! Kept it until selling it to a collector from Dallas in 2000.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

I do agree completely that if you absolutely want the smallest, lightest, shootable (and I stress shootable) 9mm, the CM9 canít be beat. If youíre okay going up a little bit in size and weight there is a lot of competition for the CW9.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Super sweet MG!

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.