CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: I think Kahr is done

I’m pretty sure Kahr could do what S&W did with the Shield. Reduce the thickness of the polymer in the grip, make the grip a little wider and redesign the magazine to be a double stack tapering to a single stack. That would probably make the CM9 9+1 and allow it to compete better against Sig Sauer, Springfield, Smith and Ruger.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    I’m pretty sure Kahr could do what S&W did with the Shield. Reduce the thickness of the polymer in the grip, make the grip a little wider and redesign the magazine to be a double stack tapering to a single stack. That would probably make the CM9 9+1 and allow it to compete better against Sig Sauer, Springfield, Smith and Ruger.

Not only could they, but they are well past the point where they should have. I've fired a P365 and carry a CM9, and the difference between them, dimensionally, is negligible.

Ignoring this part of the market is inexplicable. The double stack isn't about us, the Kahr owner. It's about the guy who needs his first CCW and has to choose at the gun store. It's bad enough that Kahr is saddled with a name which carries no cachet, but now they will be a single stack in a world of similarly sized doubles. I don't know who is going to choose 6 rounds when they can choose 10.

They've waited so long they'll be competing against the Shield Plus and the Max 9, and those companies are big enough those pistols can be super cheap before long. Remember when Palmetto State Armory was practically giving Shields away? If they and Ruger can get street price on those to the sub-$400 price, it's going to be difficult for anyone to compete.

I agree. I can’t imagine that Kahr sells many of their polymer 9s. I think it’s too late for them to catch up and they may eventually stop producing them.

They’re still competitive in the micro 380 market but who knows how long that will last.
    "

I agree, especially on the .380. But Ruger has the LCPII now, and that has everything the CW380 has, with the added benefit of actually working. LOL

's
    Quote Originally Posted by MMyers1970 View Post
    "

I agree, especially on the .380. But Ruger has the LCPII now, and that has everything the CW380 has, with the added benefit of actually working. LOL

Lol, my two work just fine. And I have owned 4 LCP's all had to be replaced and now have one left. And when the LCP folds and it will, the Kahr will keep on trucking. A much better quality in every way. You might want to contact Ruger and see when they will come out with decent sights not to mention night sights. And for the LCPll trigger. Not even close to the Kahr. I also bought the LCPll 22.cal and regretting it every time I shoot it. A long trigger pull that feels like the trigger spring is broken and then a wall and then a fast bang.
    I was on the Ruger Forum for years. Also the ELSIE Pea fourm since the gun first appeared on the market in 2009. If you think Ruger LCP's do not fail then what I can say. I bet they have had a million returned of all kinds or reasons. You can knock the Kahr all you want, but I have shot both for years. I wore out the LCP's many times. Many times repaired and then finally replaced. .

Well, at least they have one customer.
    Make that two! I am perfectly happy with my PM9 and even happier with the MK40N. The CM45 and CW45 are fine too. I have no desire or need for a double stack. If I can't defend myself with six or seven rounds, I'm not in a defensive position, I'm in a war.

Exactly, if your going to war (which we might be soon) get a bigger gun and lots of big capacity magazines.
    Maybe some of you marketing experts could invent a gun smaller than the 380 but you flip a micro switch and it turns into a real gun with 20 round magazine, start there and then we'll ask for a 50 round magazine.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Default I think Kahr is done

To me it’s not really a question of whether Kahr’s poly 9s are adequate or good enough. It’s that the market has moved and left Kahr behind.

All of us on here like or even love our Kahrs. I simply don’t believe that Kahr offers a competitive product in today’s poly 9 market and although I don’t have the data to prove that point, I think sales data for the last three years would show that. With the new offerings from Smith and Ruger I think the next three years will be even worse.

Long term that doesn’t bode well.

I’ll cast my vote with King Rat and O’Dell that the single stack Kahr pistols are the cats a$$ and there is no need to improve on the design....I pocket carry so the gun has to be small and thin to get a good draw and for me having a long safe smooth trigger is very important so as to prevent an accident....I was going to trade for a Sig 365 when they first came out but the very short, light “crisp” trigger on the Sig while great for the range wouldn’t work for me for pocket draw and the slight extra thickness and weight of more rounds told me to keep the tried and true PM9.....

Most cases of having to use a CCW weapon for self defense happens at bad breath distance and take 3-4 rounds max....I always carry a spare mag in my back pocket which gives me 13 rounds which is more than enough.....Guns are tools, find one you like and shoot well and practice with it and it will serve you well......For me the Kahr PM9 is the perfect everyday carry weapon and needs no improvement....

We’re up to three customers now. Kahr better add a production shift.

I hope they do because there is a very high probability that under Uncle Joe and Commie La La we will see a high capacity magazine ban in the near future and all that money the other manufactures spent making high cap pistols will be wasted at which point Justin Moon can make his own YouTube “Who’s Your Daddy Now” video