CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Xssights

Thread: 38 super

Default 38 super

VV 3n38 kicks *** in 38 super. Loading 8.9 gn with a BMB 127 TC lead HiTek coated and Acme 122 gn TC lead HiTek coated.

Up next is VV n105 “magnum powder” with the same bullets. I better hold tight and it’s LOUD!

Two very important parameters when reloading.

Good job!

Well I ripped off just more than 100 with VV n105. As expected that’s a hot powder. Started at 8.8 a powder-puff load. Increased .2 gn until 9.6 with the 122 and 127 bullets. 9.6 works the compensator great with barely any muzzle rise. Accuracy at 15 yards is perfect with the 127 BMB. The 122 ACME printed a bit high right.

What I did notice was a lower frequency of the blast compared to n38. N105 was a boom one can feel where n38 is a crack one hears.

Damn you guys, I always wanted a 38 Super, thought I could push it to the back of my head and move on, have all the boxes checked. This doesn't help one little bit.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I don’t really care for small caliber high speed rounds. More of a large caliber guy. But I did purchase a BUL open gun in 38 super a couple months ago. Loading and shooting 38 super is a new thing for me. Shot a bud’s 1911 race gun and had to have one.

Anyway, 38 super is a lot of fun shooting 127 gn bullets at 1400+ FPS. An added bonus is hitting exactly where the dot is.

FUN & MORE FUN