Hello Everyone!

I was cleaning my desert eagle the other day when I noticed the gas piston has broken into two pieces. The cylinder is stuck in its “chamber” just underneath the barrel. It is able to rotate freely and move forward and backward by just a little bit but not enough to even break the surface. See image link below

I’ve tried:

- Lubing it up with some gun lubricant and used a fine tooth hook to try and pry it out
- Lubing it up with some BreakFree CLP-4 Cleaner and letting it sit for a while and then trying the removal with the hook
- Creating a seal on one end of the barrel while using an air compressor on the other to try and blow it out but air just flows around it
- Also tried a magnet. It would not budge, might have to purchase a stronger one.
- Got so desperate that I got the smallest drill bit I can find to try and drill a small hole in the piston to hook and pull it with the aforementioned fine tooth hook. However, the bit is not sturdy enough to apply any meaningful pressure and I was only able to create a small divot that did not provide enough leverage

I have no clue what is preventing it from coming out (carbon is my best guess) and I’m desperate for more ideas on how I may go about removing it. If anyone could provide any advice, ideas, or a solution at all I’d very much appreciate it! Thank you in advance!

Image Link: https://imgur.com/a/RAkRWno