Xssights   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why no 10rd mags for TP, ST, CT series?

Default Why no 10rd mags for TP, ST, CT series?

Just ordered a new TP9 pistol to go with my PM9. I'm curious if anyone knows anything about why Kahr doesn't offer a 10rd magazine for their 4" barreled pistols.
    Both IDPA and USPSA Production Division limit competitors to 10 rounds in a magazine. The 4" Kahr pistols have enough sight radius and overall weight to be at least moderately successful in competition but not having 10rd magazines is a pretty big disadvantage.
    Kahr shows a 10rd magazine for the P9, CW9, ST9 series size pistols. Looks like all Kahr would have to do is adjust the length of the plastic grip extension to make the P9 10rd magazine work in the bigger TP9 pistol. Has anyone tried trimming a grip extension to make the P9 mag work in their TP9?

Quote Originally Posted by thinman View Post
    Just ordered a new TP9 pistol to go with my PM9. I'm curious if anyone knows anything about why Kahr doesn't offer a 10rd magazine for their 4" barreled pistols.
    Both IDPA and USPSA Production Division limit competitors to 10 rounds in a magazine. The 4" Kahr pistols have enough sight radius and overall weight to be at least moderately successful in competition but not having 10rd magazines is a pretty big disadvantage.
    Kahr shows a 10rd magazine for the P9, CW9, ST9 series size pistols. Looks like all Kahr would have to do is adjust the length of the plastic grip extension to make the P9 10rd magazine work in the bigger TP9 pistol. Has anyone tried trimming a grip extension to make the P9 mag work in their TP9?

Because Kahr hasn’t innovated since they released their polymer pistols

The ST has a rail
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

Quote Originally Posted by rms2324 View Post
    Because Kahr hasn’t innovated since they released their polymer pistols
    Bingo!

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Thank you for mentioning the ST's rail. S model also has a rail. Both the ST and S also have front slide serrations. Those does appear to be the latest innovations. Google says the S series came out in 2017, so it has been a while. Kahr website shows the ST is discontinued. Innovations department doesn't seem to be burning the midnight oil dreaming up new stuff. Too bad. Kahr isn't providing a lot of reasons for satisfied, existing owners to go out and buy something new.

One gun I truly hope Kahr does not try and "f" things up with "Innovation" is the Pm 9 or CM9. Especially by trying to add more ammo in a gun that is Spectacular in Size, and weight for every day Carry. Not any guns I know of that fit the bill. Adding more weight is Not Innovation for many. Adding length or height is not innovation. It is a step backward. One of the smallest 9mm in class and shoots so mild. And of course one of the Best DAO triggers produced. Yes, the other models they should make one with 10 rds and a 17 rd extension.
    The only innovation I think Kahr could do with the 380 and the PM/CM is to make it a modular design. Get rid of the bulky Slide stop. If Kahr could add more rounds and keep the same size and weight, that would be Innovation. No more than the 15. 9 oz it now has and still shoot as mild as it now does.

Sometimes when you finally get it right, any innovation is not necessarily a good thing. Look at the 1911? Other than ginger bread or cosmetic stuff it's been perfect for over a 100 years.

Kahr has Magnum Research and Auto Ordnance under their umbrella. Perhaps those branches should pursue some of these "Innovations"?

Personally I think we got a might off course when we steered away from Flintlocks, but I'm told I was born a 100 years too late, maybe longer than that.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

There’s absolutely no reason to quit making the current single stack 9s. However, if Kahr wants to make small 9mm pistols that people will actually buy, ...

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Unfortunately for Kahr, the market is leaving them behind. Those of us who already have the single stack pistols love them, but if someone is looking for their first carry pistol, buying anything but a P365/Hellcat/Shield Plus/Max 9 makes no sense.

11 is more than 7.

Quote Originally Posted by MMyers1970 View Post
    Unfortunately for Kahr, the market is leaving them behind. Those of us who already have the single stack pistols love them, but if someone is looking for their first carry pistol, buying anything but a P365/Hellcat/Shield Plus/Max 9 makes no sense.

11 is more than 7.
    Exactly. After this stupid loose slide-to-frame fit on my “premium” $800 K9, I’m done with buying Kahrs. Their guns are overpriced and give you much less than other, cheaper pistols. There’s 0 reason to buy a Kahr nowadays when there’s so many better options on the market.This doesn’t include the CM/PM9 as it’s in a class of its own. I’ve put about 1200 rounds through my PM9 and it’s in my pocket most days.

Aside from that, I’m finished with Kahr. My Glock’s are $3-400 less than any of my Kahrs and there isn’t an IOTA of movement in the slide-to-frame fit and waddya know, they always run even without a BS “break-in period” (it’s 2021, any decent gun should be able to run out of the box with some lube). Sig P365 XL, HK P30SK, Walther PPQ, hell even my Canik which I picked up for $250 is super tight and reliable. Kahr’s gotten complacent and it will be there downfall in the near-future. Why my slide shoots forward when I dry fire and why my $800 “premium” gun rattles like a baby toy, I won’t know. According to Kahr, it’s within spec (lol). Not to mention the ball of metal on my slide left over from CNC, the absolutely damaged and dented backplate, the different colorations on my slide/frame, how any mag with the pinky extension won’t seat in my gun, and my slide serrations are all dented. Quality is not their concern nowadays

90% of new-ish shooters have never even heard of Kahr and there’s a reason for that