Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aluminum case Ammo... has anybody used this in their PM9?

I think I would trust American made steel/aluminum cased ammo before I would buy the Russian crap! If ur just punchin paper or banging steel, buy cheap as u can an shoot more. The demos are coming soon so we need to be prepared🙀 I recently bought a 100 rounds of Blazer brass 9mm for 22$ but that was a one time buy. It’s selling around my area for 30$ plus tax, limit ! I’m not sure who is ripping us off either. It could be the ammo makers an tie that in with ammo sellers online combined an were seeing 9mm brass , 50 rounds at 65$ If we shooters were smart we would let it rot on their shelves, but we don’t. I seen two AR LOWERS (stripped) in a very big gun store for 275$ . Whrn u screw ur good local customers an the day will come when normality returns, I won’t forget!
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    I think I would trust American made steel/aluminum cased ammo before I would buy the Russian crap! If ur just punchin paper or banging steel, buy cheap as u can an shoot more. The demos are coming soon so we need to be prepared I recently bought a 100 rounds of Blazer brass 9mm for 22$ but that was a one time buy. It’s selling around my area for 30$ plus tax, limit ! I’m not sure who is ripping us off either. It could be the ammo makers an tie that in with ammo sellers online combined an were seeing 9mm brass , 50 rounds at 65$ If we shooters were smart we would let it rot on their shelves, but we don’t. I seen two AR LOWERS (stripped) in a very big gun store for 275$ . Whrn u screw ur good local customers an the day will come when normality returns, I won’t forget!
    Russian Crap? Lol, Gotta say I miss the crap dearly. I was shooting thousands of rounds through my Pistols with no problems at all with Wolf, Tula etc. My guns fed it and loved it. Eat Russian ammo like they were M&M's. The only issue I have had was when I reached about 200 rds, I had to stop and clean the ramp with a Cut tip swab. Must of taken a whole 5 seconds to clean and then keep on trucking. And I was buying it at $6.42 a box of 50. Bought cases at a time. And that cost was priced on Delivery right to my front door step. Lol, did not even have to waste .50 cents for gas to get it. To tell you the truth, I thought the steel case ammo myth had lost credibility YEARS ago. I remember years ago comments would florish like CNN on Trump about how they would just break a extractor. Lol, in all my years of shooting Steel case ammo which are many, I never once had a extractor failure. It I had a pistol that did not like Russian ammo, I would just purchase another pistol that does. Now if you are not a high volume shooter then buy a box of expensive range ammo. But dollars add up quick when you are at the range twice a week and shooting thousands of rounds. I have had some guns that actually shot steel case Wolf better than other cheap range ammo. During the last shortage, I had a LCP at the time and the only 380 ammo was Wolf/Tula, I could buy it at Walmart. I would buy as much as possible as well as PPU. I bought it up and the LCP loved it.

My CM9 shoots just fine with Blazer 115gr. The only downside is the cases cannot be reloaded.

Canine Dave says you can reload it once. I've never tried it myself and have plenty of brass so no need to try on my part. One thing I like about the aluminum is I don't bother to hunt and pick up brass.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Canine Dave says you can reload it once. I've never tried it myself and have plenty of brass so no need to try on my part. One thing I like about the aluminum is I don't bother to hunt and pick up brass.
    Dave says that you can understand the risks and decide to load AL case on your own if you decide to accept those risks.

I always reload AL with WIN primers because they are yellow. Kinda like the Eskimos teach their kids not to eat yellow snow, I usually decide not to reload AL cases with a yellow primer.

Some Blaser AL have Berdan primers so be sure to peek in and not see snake eyes.

AL and/or steel case ammo in the PM series should function fine.