Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carry position of CM 45

Thanks for the input. I agree 100 %. I am just not accustomed YET, to carrying without the safety. But , as you said and I tell me kids. ALWAYS be aware of your finger position.

I once read this advice.
    Take all ammo out of the gun and rack the slide. Confirm you have nothing in the chamber, then insert a loaded mag. Cary it like that for a week or two. After that maybe head to the range. Line up on a target and pull the trigger. If it goes click no bang, your daily activities are probably not going to result in a ND.
    Go ahead and start carrying with one in the chamber.
    Food for thought.

I've kind of been doing that myself with guns I haven't got around to shooting yet. I load them including chamber and wear them around the house, yard etc, if I go someplace I just make sure I have another proven gun on me in case the new one don't work for some reason.
    I used to chastise officers at my old department they would buy off duty or back up guns and just hang them on, not shooting them. They had to shoot them eventually as they had to qualify with them but still how can one trust a gun they never shot.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."