Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen

Thread: New member with cw380 slide stop protrusion question and help request

Default New member with cw380 slide stop protrusion question and help request

Hello,
    Is there supposed to be a groove in the protrusion of the slide stop lever where spring rests? My slide stop is not working properly and I'm wondering if that might be my problem since there's a groove in mine (photo attached) and I can't find a good picture of the protrusion on a new one for comparison.

Per the advice on this forum I've attempted to adjust the spring, played with the tension of the screw, verified proper placement of the spring, made sure the spring wasn't bent, and have a new 6 round magazine and it's still failing to lock open frequently. It's usually good for like 24 rounds then stops locking back.

Also, I'm not able to locate a new slide stop since it seems kahr is backordered, any other good sources?
    Thanks!
    SavageFunk

FWIW, I have an older P380 and it's slide stop does not have a groove on that step.

However, the spring is there to bias the stop down. The magazine follower lifts the stop after the last round to lock the slide back. Is it your thinking that the slide stop spring is somehow preventing that?

I'd be more inclined to think that:
    *the slide is not traveling far enough rearward for the stop to engage (grip fatigue, dirt/junk build up, etc.).
    *there's a problem with engagement of the slide stop and the notch for it on the slide.
    *perhaps the frame interferes with the stop's movement
    *there's an issue with how the stop engages the follower.
    *there's an issue with the follower or magazine spring.
    *perhaps you begin riding the stop as you shoot more.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Hi Greg
    Thanks for the brainstorming. I was just thinking that with such tight/fine mechanics on this little gun anything out of whack, like a groove that's not supposed to be there, might contribute to this failure to lock back, like maybe the spring is "sinking it's claws" into the protrusion more than it should.... I'm no engineer but I'd almost think that if that groove had anything to do with it it would be locking back more than it should not less. I'll keep tinkering, looks like karh is a few week out on a new slide lock to test.
    Thanks again
    SavageFunk