Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new

Thread: Polymer Range Holster

Default Polymer Range Holster

Looking for a versatile holster for range use. Range use might include an IDPA match sometime. Want a holster that will accommodate different barrel lengths as want to use the same holster with a PM9 and with a TP9. Easy to get on and off would be helpful. A Tek Lok or something similar would work well for belt attachment. I've not found that paddle holsters work too well for me.
    Any brand out there with which someone has had a good experience? If it was reasonably priced, that would be good, too.

Look at a Blackhawk Omnivore belt holster. Good price and quality and works well.......good luck

I use a Galco for IDPA. It’s a leather/ kydex , OSWB, that your belt threads through. The 2 numbers on the back of it are C149HOD and TS212B. It works for my 3 Kahrs. CW9, K9, MK9. Not sure about a TP9. The holster holds the gun at the center of the guns. In essence the only difference between the 3 guns is the length of the slide and the length of the grip. The center section of the gun for the most part are identical. When you look up holsters they usually say the 9mm and 40sw use the same holsters.
    Edit: I had a bit of trouble figuring out how to draw from the holster. After some some digging I found that you are supposed to slightly twist the gun towards your body. It’s a designed in retention system.

Appreciate the responses. Blackhawk and Galco both offer good products. While looking at what's out there I went through my old holster box. Pulled out a Dillon 1911 belt holster from many years ago. Surprise! The TP9 fits pretty well. Holster was made for a 5" 1911 pistol, so the 4" TP9 has a little extra room at the bottom for a longer slide but that's okay. Fashion police probably won't notice it under my IDPA vest.

Next, I need a mag pouch that holds two Kahr 9mm magazines. Old holster box has some single stack mag pouches but they're all sized for 45acp rather than 9mm mags. Mag pouches for the Kahr sized magazines don't seem to be too common.