Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Slide lock issues

Default Slide lock issues

My CM9 has just recently began to have intermittent issues with slide lock.
    Sometimes the slide doesn’t remain open after the last shot is fired. Sometimes the slide drops when I put a full magazine in the gun.
    What common denominator controls this function that I should be looking at.
    I’ve had this gun since 2013 and never had these things happen.
    Thank you for your thoughts.

I'd look at the orientation of the slide lock spring. It may have worked loose enough to rotate and not have enough pressure on the lever. Often times it's just a matter of loosening, rotating a bit and retighten. Just snug, don't overtighten.

There's a good Greg photo someplace around here. Search for slide lock spring and it should pop up.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Hi guido, Like Bawanna says, make sure the slide lock spring isn’t out of place and the #5 Torx screw is tight and if that is all good I would advise you to buy some Lakeline followers for your magazines....They much improve feeding and have a wider shelf to contact the slide stop spring....They are a bit expensive but are what the pistols should have come with from the factory so check them out......Alfonse is a member of the forum and makes a high quality product that is a great improvement to Kahr’s OE follower design.......I have Lakeline followers in all my 9mm magazines and have never had a ftf or failure to lock back after last shot.....Look at www.lakelinellc.com and see if they solve the problem.....Good luck and let us know what happens......

After reading these responses and doing the search on the forum, I found some very helpful posts with excellent pictures of the correct position of the slide lock spring. I pulled the slide, and could see how easily I might have reassembled with the spring out of position. Made sure it is correct and I’m thinking that will resolve the issue.
    I’ll get back after some range time.
    Thanks folks.

Lakeline really needs to make a metal magazine follower for the CW/P380.