Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How did Kahr get its name?

I doubt that I'll ever buy another ICE car. Both my electric KIA and Jaguar are 2020's and have very low mileages. Jaguar is going all electric after 2025, so I doubt the the F-Type will continue. I'll probably keep my F-Type for a while since there's no other 2-seater out there with 575 HP that is in my price range, ie below $120K. I was planning to hang onto the KIA until the SS batteries are in production, but that EV6 looks awfully nice.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Dell View Post
    I doubt that I'll ever buy another ICE car. Both my electric KIA and Jaguar are 2020's and have very low mileages. Jaguar is going all electric after 2025, so I doubt the the F-Type will continue. I'll probably keep my F-Type for a while since there's no other 2-seater out there with 575 HP that is in my price range, ie below $120K. I was planning to hang onto the KIA until the SS batteries are in production, but that EV6 looks awfully nice.
    You must live a lot closer to the shooting ranges than I. Good for you!

My wife's Rio cost $1K less than my good friend's Perazzi and gives her high 40's mpg. But she does get passed alot on the freeways. Except during rush hour(s), which is all the daylight hours and most of the night.

What do you think of Fisker's upcoming Ocean? Seems reasonably priced and offers much more room for shooting gear.

I live 3 miles from my range. However, I don't shoot as much as I previously did.

The Ocean's exterior looks good, but details about the car are lacking. I definitely don't like the interior. I tend to shy away from new manufacturers.

I’ll say the new all electric vehicles being offered now are impressive....The new GM E-Hummer has multiple electric motors with all wheel drive boasting more than 1000 HP with a zero to 60 time of under 4 seconds which is pretty amazing BUT to me if it doesn’t burn an explosive liquid, belch noxious fumes, makes you feel it in your chest when you fire off that big block motor with a big mother humping cam and scare children and small animals with the vibrations, well it’s just not a hot rod, not no way, not no how.....When you mash the loud pedal and dump the clutch it ain’t supposed to go HMMMMMMMMMM............

https://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=oytty4HTAcY

Sorry but American Muscle don’t need no stinking battery’s

I remember first coming across a Kahr pistol and thinking the trigger pull was very unusual but I was impressed with the quality. The connection between the inventor and religion was talked about, mostly as kind of a negative. Same thing kind of goes on with Canik pistols and their Turkish manufacturing. Religion/politics can generate a lot of heat that, to me, isn't helpful with regard to my enjoyment of firearms. Good design and craftmanship is good design and craftsmanship regardless of where it comes from. To each his own I guess.
    As far as electric vehicles, I only know a few people that have experience with electric vehicles. None of them express interest in going back to internal combustion engines. The growing number of satisfied customers is telling us a story.

Quality is what got me on the first one too, a K40. The machining was just a thing of beauty. I don't mix religion with my guns, can't help but mix politics which is a sad thing in itself.

The day you see bawanna driving around in a car with a cordless impact wrench for a motor .....well might as well nail the lid shut, it's all over.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Watching all the flooding news makes me wonder about driving thru high water with an electron powered vehicle. Really not supposed to regardless, I know, but people do. Are there specific warnings for electric cars?

Quote Originally Posted by Canine Dave View Post
    Watching all the flooding news makes me wonder about driving thru high water with an electron powered vehicle. Really not supposed to regardless, I know, but people do. Are there specific warnings for electric cars?
    Not specifically. Of course all cars nowadays have many electronic boards and chips. However, common sense says DON'T!

Not specifically. Of course all cars nowadays have many electronic boards and chips. However, common sense says DON'T!
    Not so concerned about the electronic's voltage that rails at 12vdc, but the batt voltage at 400VDC (and up).

Can you recharge in the driveway in the rain?

Ohio's car registration fees are much higher for hybrid and electric cars. Do you expect that fee to increase as more people buy electric cars?

I've been driving hybrids and plug-in's since 2004. The issue of charging in the rain never came up with the two Prius's as they were just hybrids with minimal electric usage, but things were different with the C-Max and Volt plug-ins. Fortunately, by then I was down to two cars, and I mounted the 50 amp, 240 outlet in my garage. Quite a few people were then asking the same question about charging in the rain by then, but for me, it never was an issue. Personally, my answer would be no, but that's just safety conscious me.

Since politicians never met a tax they didn't like, your second question is a big yes. Georgia has already stepped in like Ohio. In February, when I registered my Jaguar and Kia, I paid $20 for the F-Type and $20 plus $231 for the electric KIA. I realize that roads and other structures are financed by gas taxes, and as gas taxes go down with reduced usage, other funds must fill the void.