Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are we doing?

Default What are we doing?

Not much posting on KahrTalk lately, which can be good news. To me it means things are starting to open up and also means everyone's Kahrs are running like a top.

So what are we doing instead of reading/posting to this wonderful forum?

Me, I went into the range yesterday and shot my M-36 (no dash) S&W with some mild reloaded ammo I worked up the day before. Good times with friends and fav revolver.

And so, what did you do?

Today after walking my granddog I searched the KahrTalk archives for the way things used to be around here...

http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...oto-Collection

I flew home to Denver from Kansas City today. I was there for work. Sadly no shooting.

I did unbox the JP Enterprises hand guard for my AR10 build a few minutes ago. It arrived on Wednesday. It was the last piece that I need to complete that rifle (6.5 Creedmoor) and wasn't my first choice. I wanted an Aero Precision hand guard, and that's what I ordered back in November. The place I ordered it from cancelled my back order a week ago, so I went with the JP one. I do believe I'll be happy with it, it's a nice looking piece. And pretty light.

But that's it. I'll be spending the weekend doing things for my wife and re-acquainting myself to our new rescue dog. Only had her for a week when I went on this trip. Figured she'd be a bit skittish around me when I got home and I was right.

Oh, and there will be a nice glass with tequila in it in my very near future.

Just got home from a 2,000 mi. road trip from here in Florida on my 1985 Harley to visit friends in the Maryland/Washington, DC area. Before anyone asks...Yes, I had my CM9 on my belt the entire time. I know, I know...Not allowed in DC. MD, etc. I DON'T CARE.
    Our nation's Capital is embarrassing these days. Tents pitched on sidewalks, trash all around them and "Black Lives Matter" signs posted everywhere you look, including HUGE 20' x 30' banners on the sides of buildings, churches, etc. Most small businesses have some sort of "BLM" signage. I asked one guy about it and was told.."If I don't have it, this place will be looted and burned".
    Very sad. I'll stop before this gets too political, but you asked and I'm merely reporting what I've been doing and what I saw. Draw your own conclusions.

I finally got to the range a few days ago... after nearly 2 years, I think. I needed to shoot my main carry pistols and test my P380 which is always on my hip, except when I put the P40 on for outings. I shot both and posted under the Kahr P-section.

That's one thing of many that had been put off for too long... especially the parts testing.

And, on the news today... another cougar sighting in our county... the latest of 9 in the last year... not near us, but you never know. I'm always armed, but think the best course of action would be one round into the ground a little in the direction of the cat, if it was coming towards me... slowly... or brace, crouch, and aim until he's closer if charging... aiming for the chest and emptying the P380 as much as needed, or possible!

My fence has big gaps now and it's possible to get gators up the boat ramp in the park on the other side. I haven't had or walked a dog in 17 years, so I haven't been out after dark with a light to see them in the river and the marshes further away from the dock and ramp. My dog did chase one down the boat ramp over 17 years ago and I've seen them right at the dock floating... 6 or so footers... back then.

Florida can be interesting. I haven't seen a bear, either, but they DO get around the area, too!
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Quote Originally Posted by guido4198 View Post
    Just got home from a 2,000 mi. road trip from here in Florida on my 1985 Harley to visit friends in the Maryland/Washington, DC area. Before anyone asks...Yes, I had my CM9 on my belt the entire time. I know, I know...Not allowed in DC. MD, etc. I DON'T CARE.
    Our nation's Capital is embarrassing these days. Tents pitched on sidewalks, trash all around them and "Black Lives Matter" signs posted everywhere you look, including HUGE 20' x 30' banners on the sides of buildings, churches, etc. Most small businesses have some sort of "BLM" signage. I asked one guy about it and was told.."If I don't have it, this place will be looted and burned".
    Very sad. I'll stop before this gets too political, but you asked and I'm merely reporting what I've been doing and what I saw. Draw your own conclusions.
    Thats sad news, and I believe every word that you said. Sounds like a nice road trip though.

me, I spent 5 hours power washing the back patio yesterday. Nice weather but still not fun, seemed like work....
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

In TX visiting son.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Celebrating Mothers Day.

My grandson made this heavy sterling silver cross for my wife. He has a little kiln furnace he messes with as a hobby.
    I supplied the cross mold, the old scrap silver spoons, the chain and the bale. Grandma is rightly proud of it and very touched. She will cherish it more than the fancy & very expensive store bought crosses I have given her over the years.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

And well she should!

Very nice.

Very cool!
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!