CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: T9's -- Anybody see these things in the wild?

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    I bet your son will love it, so long as he appreciates a real full size handgun. What kind of mod are you doing to that mag?

Well, the internet says that you can sand down the sides and it will fit the 43x and 48. Calipers say there is 2mm difference in width between the g17 mag and the g43x/g48 mags. The feed angle and feed lips are the same. If there is 2mm worth of plastic to spare (1mm from each side) and it works I’ll have a 17 round range mag to do an extended test, and if it works then I’ll have a 17 round spare mag for carry.

If the g17 mag works well after modification, I may try a g19 mag. If that works very well also, I just might sand down a G26 mag and do a g43x grip chop to get the thinner slide and frame of the g43x and the short grip of the g43. Only time will tell if I go that far. I’ve been measuring and pondering for about 6 months with the desire to have a g43 thin size that would take a g26 mag.

One may ask why would I do such a thing? Because I’m retired and now have time to tinker with things, and I have a 43, 43x, and 48 so I don’t mind experimenting with the 43x.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Well, the internet says that you can sand down the sides and it will fit the 43x and 48. Calipers say there is 2mm difference in width between the g17 mag and the g43x/g48 mags. The feed angle and feed lips are the same. If there is 2mm worth of plastic to spare (1mm from each side) and it works I’ll have a 17 round range mag to do an extended test, and if it works then I’ll have a 17 round spare mag for carry.

If the g17 mag works well after modification, I may try a g19 mag. If that works very well also, I just might sand down a G26 mag and do a g43x grip chop to get the thinner slide and frame of the g43x and the short grip of the g43. Only time will tell if I go that far. I’ve been measuring and pondering for about 6 months with the desire to have a g43 thin size that would take a g26 mag.

One may ask why would I do such a thing? Because I’m retired and now have time to tinker with things, and I have a 43, 43x, and 48 so I don’t mind experimenting with the 43x.
    I see. You and me are alike. There's joy to be found in that tinkering stuff. More so when it works out. Messing with plastics in the past, I found that the methods to shape, blend and polish metals can be used on the plastics as well. There's a plastic polishing compound (forget the maker and the name) that I once posted about here. I used it to restore old tail light, blinker, running light lenses in hot rods. Once you get that mag close to fitting you can use that stuff with some sort of pad on a power tool to take off the last umteenth of an inch to make it fit and give it smooth finished look at the same time. Good luck with it and hope to hear of your "win".. 😁

I am not sure it was this brand, but looks to be something that would work the same.
    Screenshot_20240203_193454.jpg

Meguiars makes some good stuff.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Yes sir! Still have some of their stuff out in the garage from the car days.

I have a "Kahr" search saved on GB. And I check it a lot. I just don't see T9's come along very often. I've passed on a few but it is one that I'd like to find one day. And on that same day be in a position to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    I have a "Kahr" search saved on GB. And I check it a lot. I just don't see T9's come along very often. I've passed on a few but it is one that I'd like to find one day. And on that same day be in a position to buy it.
    It seems like when some of the best deals come along, it's when I'm not in a position to buy. Then, when I do have the dough, I hunt and hunt, but lack of patience has me pay more than if I had waited. Good luck on your search for that one. I've always wanted one too, but gave up. It's not on my short list, but would love to have one.

I always try to stash cash for a target want, but usually end up buying something with the amount I have stashed that I didn't know I was stashing cash for. Does that make a lick of sense? Or spend on trinkets, parts, accessories, you know the drill.

I'm fortunate to already have a T9 stashed. Sadly it doesn't get nearly enough exercise but it's a joy to behold in the hand. I really should be thinning the herd but it's love and love demands an answer which means a bigger herd.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

"trinkets, parts, accessories, you know the drill.".
    I sure do. Gets me nearly every time. That and the scratch off ticket machines. It's like that Twilight Zone episode where the machine keeps calling the guys name, "Franklin! Franklin!". 😂😔
    (Looked it up and the episode is named "The Fever")

Willoughby! Willoughby!

My T9 is my 9mm of choice. It’s my 007 gun, my range gun, my casket gun. It waits its turn to get used, but it’s the proverbial “it” for me.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101