CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: T9's -- Anybody see these things in the wild?

I hope you find one as mine is my most accurate shooter. I see it several times a week when I put it on my side. Carry it when I don't carry my K9. Had mine about 5 years purchased new and have carried it often. You won't regret the purchase.

Picked mine up at Tommy Gun Warehouse after a production run that included Truglo TFX sights.
    Absolutely gorgeous gun that catches the eyes of others at ranges. When they find out it’s a KAHR, the typical response is along the lines of “I didn’t know KAHR makes stuff that nice”.
    So far 1,350 flawless rounds through it. If you like the KAHR platform, the T9 will not disappoint.
    KAHR usually does an annual production run. Unfortunately in the current environment, there are no plans in the near future for a run.
    Currently even at Tommy Gun Warehouse, the cooperate show room and now production as well, there are no T series in the display cases.
    Best option at this time is the used market. If production date matters, if serial number is available, KAHR is very helpful and will give production date.
    Also a quick way to ballpark if gun was fairly recently manufactured is by the box and mags. KAHR started shipping their Premium line with 3 mags and box with styrofoam lining with cut outs to accommodate the extra mag in 2014.

I have only 2! And..., I wish that I had more! Given the screwy political world we are in (magazine count above 10 is..., "evil!"), I opted to the 1911 and the Kahr T9 for my full size pistols. Quoting the esteemed Bawanna, "...it's like the factory made it specially to fit my hand."

Swamper

I wish they made more and including a T45.

Swamper

Many, including myself have longed for a T45. That would be sweet.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I have a T9, born in 2003… got it by setting up a search notification for one on GB, and bought the first and only one I’ve seen there. Great handgun, but there are so few of them out there. My dealer had never seen one. I Ended up picking up a 2004 T40 from that search too, but haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet. Wouldn’t mind a K40 and MK40 either if I ever find them. I have the MK9 and K9 also. Side note, the stainless versions of these pistols are not that hard to polish to a semi mirror finish…. I spent an evening on my MK9 and it looks better than an Elite from the factory.

The whole board has been dreaming about all steel Kahr 45s for years
    Kahr dreaming on such a summers day...

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Many, including myself have longed for a T45. That would be sweet.
    I'm also in that camp.

I've got one. Had it customized. But the Cocobolo grips keep loosening up. I would love to get some Laminated Rose Wood grips for it but have not been able to find any for several years now. It shoots really hot loads very well with easily manageable recoil. My favorite load was Buffalo Bore 147gr +P. But I have switched over to Underwood's Extreme Defense 68gr +P loads. I've done some testing for a company on a certain product. When they say these loads are barrier blind, they really mean *barrier blind.* I really like the Underwood 90gr +P+ loads and once I get the grip loosening issue fixed I'll probably use that one.

My EDC is a custom MK40. I have a JPoint Red Dot milled into it and had to go with G10 grips to keep them on and tight. My EDC load for it is Underwood's 115gr Extreme Defense Loads. Testing shows that even out of this little 3" that load out performed a Remington 125gr .357mag HP out of a S&W 686 when testing some barrier material in front of a 40lb block of Ballistic Clay. .357 put a BIG dent in the clay but did not penetrate the material. My .40 Extreme Defense Loads out of my MK40 went right through the barrier and drilled a 2.5" hole from one end to the other of the 12" x 12" 40lb ballistic clay block. It also swelled up the sides all way round.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like what you did with the MK. Looks sinister!