Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Taurus GX4

Man, I'm with you. I had red dotted up the Sig 365 I once owned... sold it not too long after. I really tried to like it, but am so glad I started shooting instinctive. I think anything, sights, red dots or whatever, they take time to aquire a sight picture. For range plinking with a 1911 for fun to see that ragged hole, sure. But for defense, I want to get those 2 shots on target before the bad guy knows whats going on. Not a "hold on, let me line everything up Mr bad guy" scenario.

Well, after well over the 1,000 rd review, the GX4 is still running 100%. When my son came home from Iraq we took his new Sig 320 to the range. When we were finished, I asked him if he wanted to try a new gun I had, the GX4. He had not shot any Pistol other than the 320 since he left. He took to it like a fish takes to water. Excellent fast fire groups from the start. It is a very nice shooting firearm
    Some things I noticed now after the 1,000 round mark, is the slide wear is showing, not the best I have seen. I also see that if the gun were to go down for a issue, Taurus does not sell any Parts. You have to send in the gun. The good news is that they are averaging 10 working days to get the gun back.
    That said, the main parts in the receiver, striker assembly, extractor, springs etc can easily be bought with a slide. I did purchase another one, this one Nitrate coated. You can get them now in cerakote as well.
    My cost was $115.00 after coupon.
    I plan on doing a 2,000 rd review hopefully by the middle of summer.

PS sorry for the large image. Trying to find a way to resize them on the Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Well, after well over the 1,000 rd review, the GX4 is still running 100%. When my son came home from Iraq we took his new Sig 320 to the range. When we were finished, I asked him if he wanted to try a new gun I had, the GX4. He had not shot any Pistol other than the 320 since he left. He took to it like a fish takes to water. Excellent fast fire groups from the start. It is a very nice shooting firearm
    Some things I noticed now after the 1,000 round mark, is the slide wear is showing, not the best I have seen. I also see that if the gun were to go down for a issue, Taurus does not sell any Parts. You have to send in the gun. The good news is that they are averaging 10 working days to get the gun back.
    That said, the main parts in the receiver, striker assembly, extractor, springs etc can easily be bought with a slide. I did purchase another one, this one Nitrate coated. You can get them now in cerakote as well.
    My cost was $115.00 after coupon.
    I plan on doing a 2,000 rd review hopefully by the middle of summer.
    Glad it's working out for you. I have the Springfield Hellcat, and have the same issue. Taurus and Springfield refuse to sell any spare parts, and will require that you send the entire gun in to replace even the simplest of parts. It's a little annoying. Good to hear that Taurus' turnover time has gotten better though, so I guess it's not that bad.

FYI: I use an app called "Photo Resizer" from the Google Play store to resize my images. You can crop and resize in batches.

Then there are websites that'll also do it:
    https://www.simpleimageresizer.com/
    https://imageresizer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by 187911 View Post
    Glad it's working out for you. I have the Springfield Hellcat, and have the same issue. Taurus and Springfield refuse to sell any spare parts, and will require that you send the entire gun in to replace even the simplest of parts. It's a little annoying. Good to hear that Taurus' turnover time has gotten better though, so I guess it's not that bad.

FYI: I use an app called "Photo Resizer" from the Google Play store to resize my images. You can crop and resize in batches.

Then there are websites that'll also do it:
    https://www.simpleimageresizer.com/
    https://imageresizer.com/

Thanks for the link. ugmur use to be able to edit. No longer for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Thanks for the link. ugmur use to be able to edit. No longer for some reason.
    YW. Yea, I know. I use to to it through imgur too.

Default Taurus GX4

That’s a great price for a slide that comes with the extractor, striker and sights.

That gun is so inexpensive you might just buy a second one.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

King, that's awesome! Every since you originally posted up about yours I've been trying to get a good deal on one to try it out. Got close a few weeks back, but no cigar. I agree with you/others that the full replacement slide deal is a good deal indeed!

No replacement parts, no thanks...........more firearms that start out cheap, pretty soon you have $600 invested in a $250 gun.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    No replacement parts, no thanks...........more firearms that start out cheap, pretty soon you have $600 invested in a $250 gun.
    That's what I like about Kahr and Beretta. Both have a long list of replacement parts you can buy off of their website. I can get everything except for the sterilized frame or chassis from both companies. I like to invest in a couple of sets of all springs, extractor, firing pins, etc so that if the gun I plan on carrying for several years and putting thousands of rounds through ever was ever discontinued or their was another Covid level shortage, I wouldn't be in possession of a paper weight. Glock, Kahr, and Beretta are the best when it comes to support their product with parts. If anything brakes on my APX or Glocks, they are so easy to disable and replace parts that I could be at the range, and be up and running again in 15mins max. No need to send the gun in.

Springfield use to be one of my favorite manufacturers, but I won't buy another one because they refuse to sell parts, and they're know for abruptly discontinuing their firearms. I tried ordering a replacement barrel for my Shield from S&W, and was told I'd have to send it in and pay them to install one. Tried to buy a simple screw for my Ruger LCR, and was told I'd have to send the entire gun in too. I don't get it..

You can find some parts for all above mentioned on Fleabay.............