Magnum Research new   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Taurus GX4

Default Taurus GX4

Another nail in the Kahr 9mm coffin. Let the Taurus bashing begin.

https://youtu.be/HxGzMxD1i60

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

I was gonna say, if Kahr isn't planning to compete in this segment, they'd better be developing whatever's next. I have a feeling even Keltec will come out with a new maxi-mousegun, since they dropped the P11.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

When it gets to $200 or less I’ll probably get one. I picked up a G2C for $175 a couple of years ago and after a little pre-firing tweaking its ran 500 flawless rounds. For $200 or less it’s worth getting one I’d say. I wouldn’t pay $300 unless I had no other gun and was low on money.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Let’s see how long it takes for the recoil spring to go out the front of the gun. It also appears that you need a screw driver in order to field strip it. Just because it’s assembled in the USA, you have to remember who did the engineering.

If I were looking for a micro 9mm simply because he had 10 rd magazine which I think is nonsense for practical carry, I would look into the GX4.After shooting a Sig 365 for example, I was not impressed. Nor others that shot the gun with my Range group of 5 that test out new Pistols and fires a thousand rounds during that testing. Not worth the $650-700 price. Especially since the Taurus is MSRP of $392. And many single stacks out there that shoot better. The Sig with such a narrow space between receiver and grip was ridiculous. Not much room for the off hand. And the the only way I would carry the Sig would be with a safety.

I have never owned a Taurus, however the G Series has a lot of happy customers. Most give them a high rating that own them. This new gun looks from the video like it will be huge success . I really like the way Taurus did the features of this gun. Very streamline, without bulky take down or slide stop. I like the way the did the grip and take down. Personally would not want a Sig without a safety, but the new Taurus appears to have a better EDC flat trigger. Interchangeable Back-strap and I like the indexing pad. Easy take down with stainless steel chassis. Comes with either two 10 rd or 11 round mags both fit the gun the same without any difference in length. Bravo to them for this. I would love to shoot one. Seems like Taurus has done some homework. Bravo to them.
    Looking forward to shooting and comparing. If the Gx4 is not as snappy as the Sig and it does appear to be a MILD shooter, it will be a winner!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxGzMxD1i60
    Last edited by King Rat; 05-21-2021 at 06:49 PM.

I've never had luck with Taurus. I still own a couple of Spectrums (Spectra?) The ergonomics are great and I got them at unbelievable prices. But they're not reliable even after factory "repairs." I keep them mostly because its easier than getting rid of them. One is in my range bag because its not a bad shooter and also it will fail a couple times every range session and provide practice dealing with that.
    I also know a guy who hurt himself with a G2, claims it discharged without a trigger pull. They have a firing pin block, so I dunno if I believe him, but I wouldn't get a Taurus to rely on as an edc at this point.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

I’ve had good luck with the modern tauri semi auto’s. TX22, G2c and G3c’s. I would not hesitate to purchase one of these and most likely will at some point. Looks like a great value when compared to similar offerings by the others. This post is the first I’ve heard of it, so thanks to the original poster.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBurn View Post
    I've never had luck with Taurus. I still own a couple of Spectrums (Spectra?) The ergonomics are great and I got them at unbelievable prices. But they're not reliable even after factory "repairs." I keep them mostly because its easier than getting rid of them. One is in my range bag because its not a bad shooter and also it will fail a couple times every range session and provide practice dealing with that.
    I also know a guy who hurt himself with a G2, claims it discharged without a trigger pull. They have a firing pin block, so I dunno if I believe him, but I wouldn't get a Taurus to rely on as an edc at this point.
    I will agree about the Spectrum. I shoot the pocket guns often and actually had high hopes for it when it came out. However I would not purchase one with a aluminum frame. I then tested the gun and it sucked. I mean just terrible. I shoot pocket guns very well, but just could not get the Spectrum to come close to what I can do with a Kahr or Pico. And I have so many failures. You do not see many post about them any longer. At least I do not and I love pocket guns.
    That said, the G SERIES IS A WHOLE NEW BALLGAME. Great reports of reliabilty and many happy customers. See them many times at my club. All positive reviews.
    In fact we have a small group that test new firearms. We will test the new GX in the near future. The GX4 is not a cheap aluminum chassis firearm. It appears to be real quality.

And NO, lol this is NOT the demise of the great Kahr CM/PM9. Hardly. a few extra rounds which no study anywhere says you need for practical EDC exist that I have seen. NOR any real shooting in my city of a half million. A real advancement would be a firearm with the same size and weight of the Kahr. And the quality that goes with it. Will I buy the new Taurus. Most likely not. And certainly not for a few extra rounds. But just for the sake of comparing it will be interesting. I do like to see a underdog go head to head with guns costing so much more. And this gun might be a real winner.
    One thing for sure, if the Taurus is proven to be a good reliable gun, it is sure to cause a LOT of JEALOUS post.

I've owned 9 Taurus pistols, and had zero issues with them. I still own 4 of them. Great pistols, and they're putting out some very good affordable pistols right now. Despite what the naysayers say, their firearms are selling in high numbers and from what I've seen, seems like 99.9% of the people who own their current offerings are happy with them.

I have 2 of the GX4s. Here's how I rank the micros, and I really like my 3 Sigs:

Top Gun (best fit and finish, ergonomics, trigger, everyone in our group shoots it best. Impeccable construction): Taurus GX4
    Second: P365
    Third: Springfield Hellcat (nice gun, but the squared off, thick upper grip is painful for many to shoot)
    Fourth: Ruger Max (horrible construction, sloppiest frame to slide fit I have ever seen on any pistol, aluminum frame rails that wear quickly, but a nice optic mount)
    Shield Plus: The biggest, but with the highest bore axis and the least amount of grip for fingers. Meh trigger, heavy for class, everyone shoots it poorly.

Just my opinion. The Taurus, is the nicest gun at any price in the group. I don't like an optic, or to mount things on a rail, but lots of folks do. So, there's that.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...