Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Taurus GX4

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBurn View Post
    I've never had luck with Taurus. I still own a couple of Spectrums (Spectra?) The ergonomics are great and I got them at unbelievable prices. But they're not reliable even after factory "repairs." I keep them mostly because its easier than getting rid of them. One is in my range bag because its not a bad shooter and also it will fail a couple times every range session and provide practice dealing with that.
    I also know a guy who hurt himself with a G2, claims it discharged without a trigger pull. They have a firing pin block, so I dunno if I believe him, but I wouldn't get a Taurus to rely on as an edc at this point.
    I will agree about the Spectrum. I shoot the pocket guns often and actually had high hopes for it when it came out. However I would not purchase one with a aluminum frame. I then tested the gun and it sucked. I mean just terrible. I shoot pocket guns very well, but just could not get the Spectrum to come close to what I can do with a Kahr or Pico. And I have so many failures. You do not see many post about them any longer. At least I do not and I love pocket guns.
    That said, the G SERIES IS A WHOLE NEW BALLGAME. Great reports of reliabilty and many happy customers. See them many times at my club. All positive reviews.
    In fact we have a small group that test new firearms. We will test the new GX in the near future. The GX4 is not a cheap aluminum chassis firearm. It appears to be real quality.

And NO, lol this is NOT the demise of the great Kahr CM/PM9. Hardly. a few extra rounds which no study anywhere says you need for practical EDC exist that I have seen. NOR any real shooting in my city of a half million. A real advancement would be a firearm with the same size and weight of the Kahr. And the quality that goes with it. Will I buy the new Taurus. Most likely not. And certainly not for a few extra rounds. But just for the sake of comparing it will be interesting. I do like to see a underdog go head to head with guns costing so much more. And this gun might be a real winner.
    One thing for sure, if the Taurus is proven to be a good reliable gun, it is sure to cause a LOT of JEALOUS post.

I’ve had good luck with the modern tauri semi auto’s. TX22, G2c and G3c’s. I would not hesitate to purchase one of these and most likely will at some point. Looks like a great value when compared to similar offerings by the others. This post is the first I’ve heard of it, so thanks to the original poster.

I've owned 9 Taurus pistols, and had zero issues with them. I still own 4 of them. Great pistols, and they're putting out some very good affordable pistols right now. Despite what the naysayers say, their firearms are selling in high numbers and from what I've seen, seems like 99.9% of the people who own their current offerings are happy with them.

I have 2 of the GX4s. Here's how I rank the micros, and I really like my 3 Sigs:

Top Gun (best fit and finish, ergonomics, trigger, everyone in our group shoots it best. Impeccable construction): Taurus GX4
    Second: P365
    Third: Springfield Hellcat (nice gun, but the squared off, thick upper grip is painful for many to shoot)
    Fourth: Ruger Max (horrible construction, sloppiest frame to slide fit I have ever seen on any pistol, aluminum frame rails that wear quickly, but a nice optic mount)
    Shield Plus: The biggest, but with the highest bore axis and the least amount of grip for fingers. Meh trigger, heavy for class, everyone shoots it poorly.

Just my opinion. The Taurus, is the nicest gun at any price in the group. I don't like an optic, or to mount things on a rail, but lots of folks do. So, there's that.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Interesting, I may have to look at the Taurus. Shot my 365 today for the first time and wasn't totally impressed. It was plenty accurate but rather obnoxious for a 9. I messed up and left my two critical range bags at home which had a few tools, cleaning stuff and most importantly most of my mags and worst of all my 45/70 ammo so don't get to shoot my new Sharps. Consider my heart broken. Also messed up my hearing as I had to buy some ear plugs since my muffs were in the left behind bag. Wasn't one of my best range days.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Boeing probably has more H1B 3rd world designers than Embraer and Taurus combined
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

I just read a review from another Owner of both guns which is very nice with Picture comparisons. I seem to agree with him on just about everything from my own experience.The one thing I disagreed with was his view of the Slide Stop. I am a big Kahr fan for example and the one complaint I have with the Kahr is the bulky slide stop. The reviewer in this article preferred it, so you choose.
    The Pictures of both guns are so similar. Pay particular attention to the Grips, This is where the Big difference for me came into play. The GX4 just plain out fits my hand so much better and again ships with two back straps. Consequently I shoot the GSX better. But your shooting may vary.

Here is a picture from another owner of both guns. And a sample of his pictures.

Review Link
    https://harrysholsters.com/taurus-gx4-vs-sig-p365/

Below is the total price I paid from KYGUN. Note: The New Model is the Toro Black with a receiver cut for optics. They did not have one in stock, but I was not interested for the difference of price. About $65.00 more

Subtotal

$306.99

Lost 3% Cash Discount

$9.21
    Shipping Insurance

$3.84

Grand Total

$320.04

Ships with two 11rd magazines.
    Last edited by King Rat; 02-15-2022 at 03:32 PM.

30 in 2020.

140000 employees worldwide.

Hickok45 likes it.

https://youtu.be/GHLtSq776Xk

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Hickok45 likes it.

https://youtu.be/GHLtSq776Xk

Gosh I have to say I am impressed with this gun and I am not even a fan of double stack micro's. As I mentioned before, I belong to a group of 5 experienced shooters that test out new guns. We are really looking forward to shooting this gun.The features are impressive. What I really like so far over the others is as Hickcock45 quoted. I really like this trigger. A very DISTINCT wall. If I am not going DAO this is exactly what I want.

Thanks for posting!