Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Taurus GX4

Interesting, I may have to look at the Taurus. Shot my 365 today for the first time and wasn't totally impressed. It was plenty accurate but rather obnoxious for a 9. I messed up and left my two critical range bags at home which had a few tools, cleaning stuff and most importantly most of my mags and worst of all my 45/70 ammo so don't get to shoot my new Sharps. Consider my heart broken. Also messed up my hearing as I had to buy some ear plugs since my muffs were in the left behind bag. Wasn't one of my best range days.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by sorcerer View Post
    Let’s see how long it takes for the recoil spring to go out the front of the gun. It also appears that you need a screw driver in order to field strip it. Just because it’s assembled in the USA, you have to remember who did the engineering.

On your next trip, when you pull the flight safety instructions from the seatback, would you rather it said "Welcome to the "Boeing 737MAX" or "Welcome to the Embraer E-2"?

I'm always careful who I call third world countries these days. Were you inplying that if it were also assembled in Brazil, then the recoil spring would remain intact?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtBeHjLlcBE&t=99s

Boeing probably has more H1B 3rd world designers than Embraer and Taurus combined
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

30 in 2020.

140000 employees worldwide.

Quote Originally Posted by sorcerer View Post
    Let’s see how long it takes for the recoil spring to go out the front of the gun. It also appears that you need a screw driver in order to field strip it. Just because it’s assembled in the USA, you have to remember who did the engineering.

What nonsense, first of all you do not even realize they obviously used the same take down design as the Beretta Nano and APX. Which it is a super easy take down procedure. And taking the chassis completely out is a simple task. NO, you do NOT need a screw driver. Anything with a flat edge like a shell casing etc. So simple. Allows the entire parts of the chassis and trigger parts easy to clean, change parts if necessary and grips. Funny you are making assertions to a gun you never once fired, have no clue about and just the typical bashing so common with newbie shooters. How about you tell us all the problems with the Sig 365 when it first came out? Actually there is a List of them. A host of problems. But I guess it is easy to bash a firearm you have not even taken to the range. Sheesh. I will wait and compare the gun with other Micro 9mm's which I have shot all of them side by side except the New Ruger. And I have NO dog in this fight. Again, I do not even have a desire for a double stack Micro 9mm and have never owned a Taurus. But that could change. And for sure, If the GX4 is successful and every single indication it is, it will cause a Jealousy assault by all the Sig fans for sure. Lol, looks like it already has.
    So you might want to remember which engineers designed the Sig before you start throwing stones. Taurus seems to have gotten it right, right out of the box.

Hickok45 likes it.

https://youtu.be/GHLtSq776Xk

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Hickok45 likes it.

https://youtu.be/GHLtSq776Xk

Gosh I have to say I am impressed with this gun and I am not even a fan of double stack micro's. As I mentioned before, I belong to a group of 5 experienced shooters that test out new guns. We are really looking forward to shooting this gun.The features are impressive. What I really like so far over the others is as Hickcock45 quoted. I really like this trigger. A very DISTINCT wall. If I am not going DAO this is exactly what I want.

Thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Gosh I have to say I am impressed with this gun and I am not even a fan of double stack micro's. As I mentioned before, I belong to a group of 5 experienced shooters that test out new guns. We are really looking forward to shooting this gun.The features are impressive. What I really like so far over the others is as Hickcock45 quoted. I really like this trigger. A very DISTINCT wall. If I am not going DAO this is exactly what I want.

Thanks for posting!
    I hope you get a chance to shoot one soon. Would like to hear what you think of it.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

I hope you get a chance to shoot one soon. Would like to hear what you think of it.
    I am not personally interested in the gun. But I do enjoy testing them with others. Nice to actually be able to comment on a firearm that you have actually shot and tested and have first hand knowledge about with others. It will cost me. Each member has to contribute 250 rds of precious ammo. But, I will go into my reserves to have a little fun. It should be interesting. What I also find interesting is Business Management. If Taurus can be successful with such adversity behind them then then it is a come back story in the annals of firearm history. Good Leadership is so important to any company. One that can Inspire others and shoot for the best. I personally hope they are successful, I hope the GX4 is successful. I have a tendency to root for the underdog. Especially if they come back fighting.
    If Taurus is ready to step into the rint to take on the Big Dogs, it will be most interesting.

Me too. I carry either a G2c or G3c when my waist size allows, CW9 all other times, so it would replace one of the Taurus for those times. I hope it is all it has been said to be. I do think Taurus has upped their game. I’ve been very happy with the 2 G’s and the TX22’s, when just a few years ago I would not give anything Taurus a look, unless it was a wheel gun. Thanks for the future feedback King Rat. I’m looking forward to it!