Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Taurus GX4

King Rat -

I saw your post on Defensive Carry. Glad you really like the GX4.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

On Sunday, went to the club I belong to, met 4 others to test out the gun. Came home and ordered the GX4. Liked it as soon as I picked it up. Bought it from KYNGUN. for $306.(Don't let anyone tell you, that this is not a quality gun. All 4 of us loved it.
    (Note) 4 of us contributed 100 rounds of mixed ammo and the gun ran flawless. The gun was owned by one of the members. So a total of 400 rounds. I really like the trigger. The "Distinct" wall was what I wanted if I cannot have a DAO.

I will be putting a lot of ammo through this gun as soon as I get it. But my initial impression were
    1) I really like the grip. Nice texturing, felt great as soon as I picked it up. Balance was fantastic. More solid feel than my 365XL for my large hand and I like the stream lined way Taurus did this gun.
    Magazines for this gun are very nice quality
    Like the fact that it will take Glock Night Sights. The gun we shot had a Night Fision Front sight which I really liked, so may get that. They sell them at Lakeline for around $50.00.
    I really like the way the Taurus breaks down. Very similar to my Beretta Nano and Carry.
    Really nice quality chassis. All stainless steel with the long steel rails.

Again, I will be adding more info after I shoot about 500 rds and again at 1,000 rds after I receive it. So far very impressed. By the way, this is my first Taurus so do not carry any baggage or bias toward the manufacturer. From all points so far, it looks like Taurus really took some time to engineer this pistol.

Just for comparison there is the Sig and GX4

I just read a review from another Owner of both guns which is very nice with Picture comparisons. I seem to agree with him on just about everything from my own experience.The one thing I disagreed with was his view of the Slide Stop. I am a big Kahr fan for example and the one complaint I have with the Kahr is the bulky slide stop. The reviewer in this article preferred it, so you choose.
    The Pictures of both guns are so similar. Pay particular attention to the Grips, This is where the Big difference for me came into play. The GX4 just plain out fits my hand so much better and again ships with two back straps. Consequently I shoot the GSX better. But your shooting may vary.

Here is a picture from another owner of both guns. And a sample of his pictures.

Review Link
    https://harrysholsters.com/taurus-gx4-vs-sig-p365/

Below is the total price I paid from KYGUN. Note: The New Model is the Toro Black with a receiver cut for optics. They did not have one in stock, but I was not interested for the difference of price. About $65.00 more

Subtotal

$306.99

Lost 3% Cash Discount

$9.21
    Shipping Insurance

$3.84

Grand Total

$320.04

Ships with two 11rd magazines.
    Last edited by King Rat; 02-15-2022 at 03:32 PM.

I’ve not handled a GX4 but if it proves to be reliable, it may literally be the best in class for the high capacity micro 9 market. Especially when you consider the price.

I do keep reading good stuff about that gun. At some point I hope to give one a try. Grip shape reminds me of my TX22, which I do enjoy a lot. Thanks for including all of the comparison stuff. Some interesting points to note there.

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    When it gets to $200 or less IÂ’ll probably get one. I picked up a G2C for $175 a couple of years ago and after a little pre-firing tweaking its ran 500 flawless rounds. For $200 or less itÂ’s worth getting one IÂ’d say. I wouldnÂ’t pay $300 unless I had no other gun and was low on money.
    It's really all their worth. Never understood why people need so many carry guns anyway. Use the money for practice ammo. Half the people that purchase these plastic fantastics would have to throw them to hit something. Way too early to tell how they'll work out. Really don't like inexperienced shooters carrying guns like these. Not bashing the information or post. Lots of good info. You would probably be surprised at how many people purchase these types of firearms and carry them, never having shot a round through them. IMHO, most of them feel, and operate the same. It all comes down to the trigger for me.
    Last edited by berettabone; 02-15-2022 at 08:18 AM.

Some people select their attire based on their carry gun. Others select their carry gun based on their attire. Doesn’t seem difficult to understand.

It would seem to me that a small firearm would work in just about any situation that didn't require major distance shooting. I've handled many, shot a few, owned a few. Hence, my questioning the reason to have a lot of them. Unless you have an endless money supply. Or unless you need one for every day of the week. Kind of like the dish towel thing, with the name of the day embroidered on the corners.

That makes sense.

I have two that I carry, P365 and an LCP Max, depending on how I’m dressed. The LCP Max replaced an LCP Gen 2 for carry. I tend to only buy guns that I can conceal carry but given I already have all that I need for that maybe a range toy should be next on the list.

I think the whole thing about having a bunch of them is somewhat driven by boredom or just wanting to try something new. I’ll admit I’d like to try a GX4. I like the way it looks, it gets really good reviews, seems well made and is relatively cheap although if I did get one, I’d likely never carry it.

I tend to buy anything that goes bang really loud and spits a projectile. I have a couple weeks worth of everyday 1911's and a handful of compacts. Very few see daily carry but I do agree it's about variety, what I feel like. Most days I don't leave the property but I always got something hanging on the belt. When I do leave I sometimes add to it, an extra mag usually. Other than that I'm ready to go.
    Our state is pushing for another 10rd mag ban, passed the house, doubt it will pass the senate but one never knows. Thought about another 10 pack of AR mags but why let the liberals support the market place.
    My youngest just got a Springfield AR, I gave him 3 or 4 30 round PMags. He asked how many I had for myself, told him 12 or 13 give or take.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."