Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Taurus GX4

Every one that shoots often will find the Perfect gun for that God made for them. I found it it in the Nano, and now the Gen 3 APX A1 carry. And most of the Nano parts fit in the Carry. Over the years, I bought many parts for reserve. So easy to work on. Now two Nano's and the APX. and plenty of parts. I am ready for the day when the Zombies come. (And they will come) PS Plenty of Kahr parts as well.

Some minor differences, but those are bought or ordered or waiting for restocking.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Every one that shoots often will find the Perfect gun for that God made for them. I found it it in the Nano, and now the Gen 3 APX A1 carry. And most of the Nano parts fit in the Carry. Over the years, I bought many parts for reserve. So easy to work on. Now two Nano's and the APX. and plenty of parts. I am ready for the day when the Zombies come. (And they will come) PS Plenty of Kahr parts as

Some minor differences, but those are bought or ordered or waiting for restocking.
    I'm only allowed to post up to 8 pics, but I've spend a couple of thousand in spare parts for my APX via BerettaUSA. This is only some of my order history. I'm just like you, if it's a gun/platform I plan on shooting a lot and owning for years, I stock up on spare parts. I felt like my Hellcat was going to be in the same category, but it'll probably be sold off now because I learned that Springfield doesn't sell spare parts after the fact.

Last edited by 187911; 04-11-2023 at 09:07 AM.

Default Taurus GX4

https://gx4safetynotice.com/

Some of them can fire if dropped.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    https://gx4safetynotice.com/

Some of them can fire if dropped.
    Thanks for the info. Mine has to be sent back. No problem. Also going to buy a second one as I always get two of a gun I really like. I do know that their Customer service is getting back most guns in about 10 working days.

Gen 4 and still problems? It's a shame.

Good read here and thank you to King Rat for all the pics and stuff. As a RSO is see vary few issues with the current Taurus production and I see quite a few of them come through our range. As the owner of a couple early on P365's they have become my primary carry guns and I have learned to shoot them in point, shoot, move, shoot, etc. to where I am comfortable.

What I do like about the Taurus is the grip size and shape. What I don't like with the Taurus is the split trigger and the size and shape of the trigger guard. Personal preference

What made my p365 more shooter friendly for me was moving to a Wilson Combat grip frame and installing a flat trigger. Both minor changes but the benefits in my hand made it justifiable.

"Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    Good read here and thank you to King Rat for all the pics and stuff. As a RSO is see vary few issues with the current Taurus production and I see quite a few of them come through our range. As the owner of a couple early on P365's they have become my primary carry guns and I have learned to shoot them in point, shoot, move, shoot, etc. to where I am comfortable.

What I do like about the Taurus is the grip size and shape. What I don't like with the Taurus is the split trigger and the size and shape of the trigger guard. Personal preference

What made my p365 more shooter friendly for me was moving to a Wilson Combat grip frame and installing a flat trigger. Both minor changes but the benefits in my hand made it justifiable.

Dang, that Wilson combat grip looks great!

A guy from Personal Defense World talked to a Taurus rep. He was told repairs are four to six weeks. That's about average.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    A guy from Personal Defense World talked to a Taurus rep. He was told repairs are four to six weeks. That's about average.
    That is what I figured as well. Maybe longer due to the popularity of the gun. Depends on how many sold during that time. I'll focus on 6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Dang, that Wilson combat grip looks great!
    I paid about $60. They have a slight palm swell wgicj really helps fill my XL hand. I look at these things as last ditch carry guns so train and shoot for acceptable accuracy. In our range I watch hundreds of shooters spend a minute on getting the proper stance, grip, and sight picture which is fine but in a gunfight this ain't gonna happen. The smart ones staple up two or three 6" pie plates, run the target out to 30', and go at it while they are moving their feet.
    "Never pet a burning dog"