Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: June's Jocunds...

[img] [/img]
    "Never pet a burning dog"

^^^^^ lol
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Attached Images Attached Images
    -Rudyard Kipling

Attached Images Attached Images
    -Rudyard Kipling

I tried it working for the phone company while locating existing burried cables crossing fields before trenching nearby. The old timer teaching me said it's a very definite pull. It really is and used it many times, occasionally finding water or something metallic. That was before the fancy gadgets used now. These knuckleheads don't have a clue if the battery goes dead. Rough when you're in nowhere 2 hrs from the shop. Chuckle.. found many irrigation pipes with the trencher. Experience taught me a feel for soil change just before in time to stop, or not if old and soil compacted enough. Then a scratch or small slice patched with quickset.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

I learned how to use "witching wires" in my early surveying days, some 40 years ago. The old timer that showed me how, and tested my personal ability, used nothing but brass coat hanger wires. It wasnt too many years later when you had to search far and wide to find the older style brass hangers. One day on a whim, I cut the flags off a couple of wire "pin flags" and gave it a try over known targets ... but I started about 50 feet away from the pipe line, closed my eyes and had my field hand turn me around a couple of times (slow), then point me in the right direction to walk across the line. I walked with my eyes closed and could feel when the wires crossed. Helper drove a tall stake on the point and before I opened the eyes he pointed me up line a hundred feet or so and I closed my eyes again and had him move me to a point about fifty feet on the opposite side of the line (eyes closed and no peeks on the points we had already marked. Walked crossing the line again and had him mark the spot with my eyes still closed. We marked 600-800 feet of line this way before I turned around to see the results. Yep, pretty danged amazing! All of the stakes, with a line drawn through them, were within a 3 foot corridor. On my survey plats, I never used the phrase "Pipe Line Location", due to the technique, as well as the fact that I hadn't actually seen the pipeline myself. But, unless the survey was for the purpose of any type of dirt work or construction, I had (still have) no problem using the phrase "Possible Pipe Line Location". In land surveying, as well as many other related professions, you have to be really careful of the information and documents you produce.

just babbling

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

That’s amazing, I’ve seen video of people doing that. Any idea how it works?
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Quote Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
    I tried it working for the phone company while locating existing burried cables crossing fields before trenching nearby. The old timer teaching me said it's a very definite pull. It really is and used it many times, occasionally finding water or something metallic. That was before the fancy gadgets used now. These knuckleheads don't have a clue if the battery goes dead. Rough when you're in nowhere 2 hrs from the shop. Chuckle.. found many irrigation pipes with the trencher. Experience taught me a feel for soil change just before in time to stop, or not if old and soil compacted enough. Then a scratch or small slice patched with quickset.
    My dad was a telephone lineman and taught us kids how to use 2 wires for the same thing to find metallic objects. Amazing how it actually works.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I’ve always been fascinated with that, I can sorta see how something metallic might attract the rods but don’t understand how water would do the same thing, strange but very cool……..Our great great grand parents generation knew many things about how to farm, take care of animals, make their own tools and survive without help from anybody and unfortunately a lot of that very useful knowledge has been lost to time…..

The Evil White Supremist and Racist Conservatives. Can you believe them? Horrible disgusting beliefs like voting requirements. RACIST!!!!!!!!