Hi turtle, You will probably not find any decent lights you can trust for cheap.....I am not a fan of weapon mounted lights except for Law Enforcement for several reasons.....For civilians hearing a noise at night you will be much better served with a quality instant on/off hand held light because you can photo flash a room and see if something looks wrong....A weapon mounted light and a laser tells the bad guy you are in the room and makes you a target, with a hand light you can flash and move to cover.....This is just my opinion but if you want a good quality instant on/off very bright hand held flashlight look at a Streamlight 1L-1AA light which takes a CR123 battery for very bright light or it will take a single AA battery, I bought several of them from Amazon for $32.95........If you really must have a weapon mounted light then save up and go with the Streamlight TLR-6 which is a very high quality item and worth saving up for.....With anything you may need to trust your life with always buy the best and you will never be sorry........