Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: Kahr CM9 Nose Dive Feed Issues Solved

Default Kahr CM9 Nose Dive Feed Issues Solved

I've had my CM9 for many years and love it. Initially had the feed issue where a round would nose dive into the feed ramp and jam. I figured out a trick to get it to feed reliably 100% of the time. I found a small pan head screw from a computer hard drive or CD ROM and put it at the front of the follower in the magazine. That screw head props up the front of the entire bullet stack so they are prevented from tipping forward and down into the ramp. If I were a Kahr engineer, I'd engineer a magazine follower with a bump near the front to do the same thing.
    Last edited by Quickstudy; 05-29-2021 at 08:00 PM. Reason: add detail

Welcome to the forum. There is a follower modification thread someplace where some have sanded the follower (I’ve done it) using sandpaper wrapped around a pencil to sand down deeper the slanted part of the follower to decrease that flat lead at the front kinda accomplishing the same thing you are talking about. But I like what you came up with too.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I find it somewhat hard to believe that any change to the follower down six bullets could really change anything at the top. Dan

They all ride against each other, you push one up, they have to go someplace. It doesn't take much to change the angle just a tad to make things work better.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

OK, if you say so I now believe it. Dan