CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CW 45 slide jammed

I’ve had some long hollow points get stuck in my CW45. Gold dots I think. Anybody remember the problem with rifling in the barrel being too far toward the chamber end of the barrel? Seems like there was a thread about it. FMJ run fine but some wide hollow points have issues.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I rented a 45 when they were first released. It would do the same as yours did. After it happened a 4th time I gave up. The second time and the 4 time I had to have their range officer come out on the lane to help clear the fire arm. I really wanted to like/ buy a Kahr 45. In less than 50 rounds I decided that a small light weight single stack 45 was not what I wanted. My reaction was the same for the XDS45.

Glad you got it back up and running good....Trying to stuff those big ole bowling ball rounds into a little hole sometimes is troublesome but keep shooting it and it will only smooth out and get better.......Once you find a good Kahr pistol that shoots right you have found a keeper.....Hope you come back and hang out with us and jaw a while........

Quote Originally Posted by sorcerer View Post
    I rented a 45 when they were first released. It would do the same as yours did. After it happened a 4th time I gave up. The second time and the 4 time I had to have their range officer come out on the lane to help clear the fire arm. I really wanted to like/ buy a Kahr 45. In less than 50 rounds I decided that a small light weight single stack 45 was not what I wanted. My reaction was the same for the XDS45.
    Ranges are notorious for not doing any cleaning or lubrication to their rental guns so never judge a rented pistol using range ammo as having issues.....Large caliber small frame semi auto require break in, regular maintenance and good full power ammo to function properly......Rentals are good to see if the gun fits your hand and to see how you can see the sights but not much more.....

Boy isn’t that the truth. I’ve gotten to the point that I will run a bore snake through a rental if it starts being crabby. Both guns hurt my hand. The XDS 45 was just nasty.

The more I shoot this gun, the more I like it...Very accurate, and the recoil is very manageable. Now looking at other Kahr products.

trouble extracting? Could be your chamber doesn't have enough free bore.
    Took me a while to find this.

http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...ight=free+bore Start at post 18 and post 20 is by the fellow who can help.
    The 45 chambers can be tight and not have enough free bore. Longer cartridges extend into the rifling and prevent the pistol from going into battery or making extraction difficult. You can check your ammo by doing the "drop test". Drop a round into the barrel and see if it slips right in and seats even with the hood. There are some pictures around here somewhere. I had this problem with my CM45 so I sent my barrel out to dougGuy to get it fixed. Works fine now. Greg, gb6941, was the lead author on this topic I believe.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by topgun1953 View Post
    trouble extracting? Could be your chamber doesn't have enough free bore.
    Took me a while to find this.

http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...ight=free+bore Start at post 18 and post 20 is by the fellow who can help.
    The 45 chambers can be tight and not have enough free bore. Longer cartridges extend into the rifling and prevent the pistol from going into battery or making extraction difficult. You can check your ammo by doing the "drop test". Drop a round into the barrel and see if it slips right in and seats even with the hood. There are some pictures around here somewhere. I had this problem with my CM45 so I sent my barrel out to dougGuy to get it fixed. Works fine now. Greg, gb6941, was the lead author on this topic I believe.
    Thanks, that was the thread I was thinking of.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

My Kahr 45's won't shoot Corbon 45's. So far I've only tried a couple of different brands, as I told my self I would use WWB JHP for my 45's and 40's over 3.5". I use Speer GD short barrel for the PM45, and I haven't had issues. Before that, I was using Rem GS 185 +P in all my Kahr 45's, but they stopped making it and I want to wait a year or two to see how the new owners deal with QC before checking out their new stuff.

Additionally, besides the 45 Corbon's not fully chambering, the super wide-mouth deforms on the feedramp. I don't notice anything as severe with the other brands I've tried.