CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happiness is an Old Gun

Default Happiness is an Old Gun

Nothing beats that new gun smell, but sometimes adopting an unloved, sad and rejected old gun can bring much the same pride and joy. Besides craftsmanship that is unaffordable today, the history and stories these old guns could tell is priceless.

Here's one example...

212-2.jpg

Got this for cheap because it had been adorned with a Cutts Compensator. Bad for the priviledged collector but good for me. Great patterns with a mod choke tube. Lots of fun at trap when it beats the guys with the Perazzis, Berettas, Kreighoffs, it really does shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Canine Dave View Post
    Nothing beats that new gun smell, but sometimes adopting an unloved, sad and rejected old gun can bring much the same pride and joy. Besides craftsmanship that is unaffordable today, the history and stories these old guns could tell is priceless.

Here's one example...

212-2.jpg

Got this for cheap because it had been adorned with a Cutts Compensator. Bad for the priviledged collector but good for me. Great patterns with a mod choke tube. Lots of fun at trap when it beats the guys with the Perazzis, Berettas, Kreighoffs, it really does shine.
    Nice!

I had a Model 12 that was set up as yours is. Excellent shotgun, but I hunt and 12 gauge has gotten too heavy (not so much the gun, but the ammo) for me to tote around after quail. I swapped it for an aluminum receiver, semi auto in 20. I've never regretted that, but I can't say the same for a 16 gauge Model 12 I sold before going overseas years ago.

I still have some 12's around configured for defense or slug guns. There's also a Fox BDE (because I like side by sides) and a Charles Daly semiauto that serves as a beater/loaner/backup.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I inherited a nice ole model 12, not much finish on it but still a favorite. Been trying to find a Win 97 but like everything I want, as soon as the word gets out the prices go through the ceiling, never could figure out how they know.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Recently took a Beretta Mdl 1200 and had the gunsmith cut the barrel to 20".
    Last edited by King Rat; 02-26-2021 at 04:52 PM.

Wiinchester 1300/riot barrel.
    http://

http://
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Wow that thing is mint for a DOC gun. It must have spent most of it's life in the rack. Ones I've seen looked like they got drug around behind the truck. That's nice!
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

That's a mighty fine by the door shotgun indeed!!!!!!!!

Nice, love the older shotguns.
    Here is the Beretta 1200F I have had for years and recently had the barrel shortened down to 20". Basically the same gun as the Police Model 1200FP or the Benelli M1 Super 90. Know for reliability, with very few parts, easy to clean. Bought it a long time ago at of all Places "Kmart" when they had a sale going on, something like $250.00. Cost me $80.00 to have the gun smith cut the barrel down. Runs great with all kinds of ammo, and very light Weight. Not much more than my Benelli Ultra light.

This was my truck gun when I had a truck. It rested in a floor mount behind the seat.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

That looks kind'a like my fathers old 12 gauge. I still have it, EXEL is the brand name on it, though I suspect it was sold under a few different brand names, probably at Montgomery Ward or Western Auto.
    Robin