Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen

Thread: Kahr and Scuba

Default Kahr and Scuba

I was surfing scuba movies this morning and came upon the 2005 movie "Into the Blue" (Paul Wagner and Jessica Alba). An all-SS K9 makes a cameo in the movie. This is the old K9 that doesn't have the lightened frame. Kool! Should have been blackened DLC, though. With a threaded barrel, maybe.

rx7sig

Quote Originally Posted by Canine Dave View Post
    Yes, @Canine Dave, I know about the movie firearms database. My first love is scuba, and I was surfing scuba movies when I noticed the K9 in a couple of the "Into the Blue" YouTube videos.

Thanks,

rx7sig

Used to love watching “Sea Hunt” TV shows with Lloyd Bridges.....Always wanted to try scuba but as near as I came was when my best friends family bought an above ground swimming pool and we decided to use his dad’s Craftsman air compressor with a long hose to see how long we could squeeze off some air to stay underwater.....It worked pretty good but boy were we stupid but that was like number 9 on the dumbest things we did, not sure why any of us kids lived but I guess God must have a bigger plan....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz0aMoWh8Q4

I have to say, I was intrigued when I saw a thread on this Kahr forum with a SCUBA connection..!!
    I also loved "Sea Hunt". I was shocked when I came home one day from school and found a set of SCUBA gear in our carport. Just like the gear Mike Nelson wore in the show...twin steel 50's with a 2-hose 2 stage regulator, a Navy issue mask and fins and an issue "Mae West". Dad repainted the tanks right away. He worked at a Naval research base at Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale. There were Navy UDT divers on staff there who were offering to teach SCUBA. Despite my young age...( I was 13 yrs old at the time) Dad got me into the class.It was a SERIOUS SCUBA class. The two instructors had served as UDT (underwater demolition team) divers in WWII. That was the precursor of the SEAL program. The training we got went well beyond "tourist diving". They ran the course a lot more like the way Robert DeNiro did in the movie "Men of Honor"...without a racial component. It was tough at times, especially for a kid but it prepared me well for a subsequent lifetime of safely enjoying SCUBA and sharing it with others.
    Thanks for the memory trip.

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    Used to love watching “Sea Hunt” TV shows with Lloyd Bridges.....Always wanted to try scuba ...
    Yes, @getsome, that shop compressor experiment could've ended badly in so many ways. But, like a lot of things we all did when we were kids, I'll bet it was a lot of fun--um, until your dad found out, I mean!

Quote Originally Posted by guido4198 View Post
    I have to say, I was intrigued when I saw a thread on this Kahr forum with a SCUBA connection..!!
    I also loved "Sea Hunt"...
    @guido4198, I learned in 1986 when I was completing grad school. My course was a demanding, semester-long, for-college-credit, undergraduate PE course, probably taught much like your course! Of course, I was 31 at the time, not an 18 year old freshman, and definitely not 13! My diving changed significantly shortly after my first child was born, about 20 years ago. No more deep, long exposures diving on Great Lakes shipwrecks. (Must be around to pay college tuition, right??!!) But I still enjoy diving tremendously.

Anyway, it was a happy surprise to see the K9 on the screen in a scuba-themed movie--even though a bad guy was wielding it.

And it's a nice surprise to meet another diver on here.

rx7sig