Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hand Tools

Dang Jeep, didn’t know you were a gear head too, that’s some vintage bad ace stuff right there and gotta love the tri five Chevys…..I will have to make a call and report you to Greta Thunberg because of your obviously selfish contribution to climate change so she can condemn you to hell for all that burning rubber tire smoke which to me is the fragrance of the Gods…..Fossil fuel and HP rules so Greta you can lick clean my tires and kiss this……..

https://m.YouTube.com/watch?v=i3CYGLURsf0

Smells good don’t it

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    Hey getsome, I’d be interested in seeing/hearing about your hot rod. As an ex drag racer/hot rodder, you caught my attention in the first post.
    Hey Bird, good to know there’s some car guys here……I never have had a fun car before until this one but early this year my oldest sons best friend was getting married and needed to sell the car which is a black on black 70 SS Chevelle which he had to sell….It’s a nice clean car that was born as a 454 big block 400 auto trans car of which he was the 3rd owner…….Somewhere in it’s life the big block 454 was replaced with a LT1 350 which was on it’s last leg when Tommy bought it and started fixing it up…..Tommy worked for Hendricks Chevrolet at the time in the service dept so knowing the motor was going south he ordered a ZZ383 crate engine and had his buddies in the shop drop it in but the trans wasn’t up to the torque of the new 400+ hp motel so he ordered up a Monster transmission built 700R4 overdrive for it…..I know he spent a bunch of money on the car and he was asking 20k for it and I didn’t argue and took it off his hands and we were both happy……

Right now it’s a fun project car and I want to build it into a driver/resto mod car…..The current ZZ383 stroker motor is stupid fast but I want a driver car and look to replace the motor with an equally powerful but more usable LS3 or better and ditch this neck snapping Monster transmission for a smoother 4L80E to make it drive like a modern car……I would post a picture but I still have a flip phone which works fine for me so sorry about that boys but I refuse to come into the 20th century because it’s too scary……

Drag racing was quite the addiction...guns are cheaper!
    I have a book that I used to bring with me and had my race buddies sign it. Fun memories!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Son’s ‘69
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

I put the shiny side up for ya. I had a 68 Black, always wanted a 69, had better lines.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks, I have no idea why that pic is flipped upside down.
    It posts rightside up on two other forums.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Dang, 1969 was a really good year for cars, girls and .... growing up. Glad I survived it

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Thanks, I have no idea why that pic is flipped upside down.
    It posts rightside up on two other forums.
    You know how we are around here, a little different.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    Drag racing was quite the addiction...guns are cheaper!
    I have a book that I used to bring with me and had my race buddies sign it. Fun memories!
    Don't forget your Kahr when you take your car to Dragway 42...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...BingNewsSearch

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    Son’s ‘69
    There is no more perfect car than a 1969 RS/SS Camaro 396 big block with a 4 speed……It is automotive art and when the GM engineers made that car it was lightning in a bottle and will never be duplicated again…..Maxed out with options they were about 4 grand, wow…..

I’m starting to feel better about paying 20 Grand for my 70 Chevelle and granted it’s not a numbers matching car but it’s still a real SS non clone driver hot rod but tonight while watching Barrett-Jackson on TV they sold a 70 SS Chevelle numbers matching LS6 4 speed rock crusher factory 410 rear gear Astro blue car with correct documentation for $260,000 dollars……It was a perfect specimen but holy cow a 1/4 million for a car that cost about 4 thousand or less brand new……Nice investment
    Last edited by getsome; 06-19-2021 at 08:12 PM.