CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hand Tools

Well it seems that yet another great American tool maker has sold out and will no longer be U.S. made……S-K was purchased from American company Ideal Industries by Chinese company Great Star which makes most of Harbor Freight, Kobalt, Craftsman and Husky tools for the big box stores….SK started life as Sherman-Klove Corp over a hundred years ago and made quality American made tools until this year……..I have many old SK tools and they still work like new…..I think Walt Kelly’s comic strip Pogo said it best, “We have met the enemy and he is us”…….

Won't be much longer.....we all will be eating RICE.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

And Winchesters will be made in Japan!
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

S-K sold to China. That is very sad news. Who's next, Snap-On? They're about the only one left aren't they?

We were taught in grade school that the reason the North won the Civil War was because of their manufacturing might. It's becoming increasingly obvious that Business does not believe this. Or care. You and Walt Kelly are right getsome, we are our own worst enemy in so many ways.

The chemicals to chrome the tools is so regulated in the US that it has to be done in places that don’t care. Browns plating at one time was the go to for show quality chrome for motorcycles. Then the EPA would only allow companies so much use of each chemical per year. Off shore off quality chrome.

That is so correct, China and India don’t give half a crap about the environment so long as there is money to be made so just dump the sludge in the river and let it go, who cares……In America Uncle Joe wants to spend trillions of made up printed dollars to prevent climate change and to make clean electrical energy that comes from the Big Rock Candy Mountain energy plant and doesn’t cost anything………Democrats got this stuff all figured out so be quiet, take your shots and don’t worry about a thing, we got this………….