Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which 9 mm?

Although it adds to the overall cost, I might suggest the CM9 (or PM9) and get a Lakeline grip extension ("magazine sleeve") for the 7 round magazine (+1 sleeve). It isn't pretty, but in hand it feels good. This way, you have the option to go with the two finger grip if/when you feel comfortable with it when you need a smaller package. I did this until I learned how to shoot well with a two finger grip and shorter mag.

I have the CM9 and K9. The K9's grip is much more contoured to the hand than a CW9/P9 but is significantly heavier. However, I might suggest learning how to shoot well with the two finger grip... especially with these thin guns. Once I did, it jived with other guns in general, and helped reinforce high holds, web-of-the-hand grip, finger placement, and separation of grip and trigger finger control when shooting. I would frequently shoot the Rem HTP +P out of my CM9 with no issues... until I moved to Kahr's 45 line.

If the Glock 47 was 33/10000 thinner i would buy a Glock 47, if you could buy a Glock 47.

I love my MK40N, but it's too heavy for pocket carry and that's why I'll always have my PM9. No other pistol I own will work as well.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Dell View Post
    I love my MK40N, but it's too heavy for pocket carry and that's why I'll always have my PM9. No other pistol I own will work as well.
    Exactly O’Dell, there are all kinds of double stack micro 9’s out by every manufacturer now but you can’t cheat gravity and 10 + 1 is going to weigh more and be thicker that a PM9 which to me IS the perfect pocket 9mm pistol…..The MK series is a beautiful gun but it’s heavy, the 365 Sig while a very nice pistol is just a little too thick and heavy if fully loaded to work for pocket carry…….If you belt carry then the little extra weight won’t matter but for normal jeans pocket duty the CM/PM pistols are perfection…….

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    Exactly O’Dell, there are all kinds of double stack micro 9’s out by every manufacturer now but you can’t cheat gravity and 10 + 1 is going to weigh more and be thicker that a PM9 which to me IS the perfect pocket 9mm pistol…..The MK series is a beautiful gun but it’s heavy, the 365 Sig while a very nice pistol is just a little too thick and heavy if fully loaded to work for pocket carry…….If you belt carry then the little extra weight won’t matter but for normal jeans pocket duty the CM/PM pistols are perfection…….
    +1
    Plus, once you go to belt carry old school sub-compacts/compacts work great

Since losing my Sig 365 to my daughter....my Shield 45 has been the new SMALL replacement.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    Since losing my Sig 365 to my daughter....my Shield 45 has been the new SMALL replacement.
    Funny how daughters seem to do that - LOL