Xssights   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scam alert for Ranier Gun Store/raniersec.com

Default Scam alert for Ranier Gun Store/raniersec.com

I did a search for .380 ammo and raniersec.com popped up. Hornady Critical Defense FTX at $15-something a box and free shipping when I put in an order for 10 boxes.

FORTUNATELY, they don't take credit/debit cards... only Bitcoin or Vanilla Gift Cards. Warning bells! So I did a quick search about their being legit. All I saw were complaints and accusations of fraud... no merchandise shipped. This store is "located" in Anchorage, Alaska, but there appears to be no such address.

Buyer beware! If it sounds too good to be true, it's probably not!

Wynn
    Last edited by wyntrout; 06-13-2021 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Error.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Why are you lumping Ranier arms with raniersec.com? They are different businesses located in different states. To my knowledge ranier arms is a legit business. I have never heard of raniersec and as of right now I can’t even get their website to load.

Maybe you are referring to Rainier Arms in Washington State. I changed my reference from RANIER ARMS to Ranier Gun Store.

https://www.raniersec.com
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

I apologize. I didn’t catch the spelling difference in the two names. I did think you were referring to the legit business rainier arms, not just this scam raniersec site. Thanks for the heads up.🍺🍺

Summed up, why would anyone do any business with a company that would not take a credit card but would take Bitcoin?
    "Never pet a burning dog"

That and the "gift cards" only. The price was like pre-shortage for the ammo and that had me wondering if legit, too.

No problem about the good site. I adjusted my title a bit.

Checking for scams online can sure save you from some bad deals.

Thomas Jefferson said

and

Talk about bad deals online, I’ve met some people with crazy stories about online bride/groom deals. Seems some silly people give them credit card numbers too.

The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Evening all. JUST signed up and I'm trying to learn the navigation system. How do I start a post on here? Thanks in advance !

Hi JohnBoy and welcome to Kahrtalk….To post a new thread just sign on, once signed in select Forum then select the category thread you want to make a post in and just above the thread list is “Post new thread” in red…..so sign on and post away….You have to post 30 times to be able to post a picture…..Again welcome, nice folks hang out here so tell us about yourself and what you like to shoot….

Good looking out wyntrout! I stumbled across that same site a few weeks back. The prices raised my suspicions before I got far enough to see no credit cards, and a quick search came up with the same complaints, etc as you mentioned.