CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trigger problems.

Default Trigger problems.

My Arthritis problems have gotten so bad I'm having trouble squeezing the trigger on my CM9. Has anyone tried the MCarbo trigger springs? I ordered a set to try. Gotta do something!

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye View Post
    My Arthritis problems have gotten so bad I'm having trouble squeezing the trigger on my CM9. Has anyone tried the MCarbo trigger springs? I ordered a set to try. Gotta do something!
    Here's what I did; First, I replaced my pull triggers in all my target shotguns with release triggers. That stopped the flinch. Then, I found a good hand surgeon to grind out the arthritic first joint in my right hand and pin everything back together. I told him I enjoy the shooting sports so he fashioned a little crook at what was the joint to press the trigger better. Tape above and below the second joint seems to help a little although I don't know why. Finally, I take a couple tylinol before a leave for the range. So far this has kept me in the game, at least for a little while longer.

I don’t know about the rest of y’all but I think I would try the replacement springs and 4 Advil first before I’d have my hand bent, folded, spindled and mutilated……I mean that’s just me but hey, do whatever works best for you…….

Put fingers in vice and bend to fit trigger....
    [just kidding]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Go to Wolf Springs sight and maybe you can get a lighter spring that will still work with out misfires.

https://www.gunsprings.com/KAHR%20AR...1/mID29/dID340
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by Canine Dave View Post
    Here's what I did; First, I replaced my pull triggers in all my target shotguns with release triggers. That stopped the flinch. Then, I found a good hand surgeon to grind out the arthritic first joint in my right hand and pin everything back together. I told him I enjoy the shooting sports so he fashioned a little crook at what was the joint to press the trigger better. Tape above and below the second joint seems to help a little although I don't know why. Finally, I take a couple tylinol before a leave for the range. So far this has kept me in the game, at least for a little while longer.
    I'll have to look up release triggers, never heard of that before. I don't have hand issues (yet) but curious how they work.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    I don’t know about the rest of y’all but I think I would try the replacement springs and 4 Advil first before I’d have my hand bent, folded, spindled and mutilated……I mean that’s just me but hey, do whatever works best for you…….
    Because you don't have arthritis. Can't take advil because i'm on blood thinners. You're lucky because you're young and healthy.

pin.jpg

Dr. Riley at the Chrystal Clinic in Akron could fix that hand pictured above.

It's been said before, but youth is completely wasted on the young, and thank you for allowing me to do whatever works for me.

You’re welcome sir but I’m no youngun at all and meant no disrespect…..I’m glad you found a Doctor that could help you with your hand problem……I’ve lost count of the surgeries I’ve had to try and fix nerve damage in my arms and neck…..I’m totally right handed and in 2005 I completely lost use of my right arm and ended up having to have 2 discs removed and neck fusion to fix it…..The funny thing I remember thinking when they rolled me into the operating room was, God please let this surgery work so I can shoot again……I’m now deaf as a stone and my eyes are going wonky but as long as I can close one eye and pull a trigger I know it ain’t over yet……

My story is very similar to getsome's. I do remember being young and healthy once. A long time ago. On top of everything else my fingers are twisted with corrosive arthritis. Incurable. My doc tells me it is punishment for living so long. To those who haven't reached this yet - God bless.
    For those who find humor in it - I guess it is better to laugh than to cry.

Deadeye if the new springs don’t work out think about trading for a Sig 365…..Pretty much the same size gun as your CM9 but the trigger is a much shorter pull and very nice without that long finger bending pull……I hope the lighter springs work for you because I know I’d hate to give up my PM9 but sometimes it’s better to find a better tool that fits your physical situation rather than trying to modify one to make do…….Good luck and let us know how it goes……