Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trigger problems.

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    Deadeye if the new springs don’t work out think about trading for a Sig 365…..Pretty much the same size gun as your CM9 but the trigger is a much shorter pull and very nice without that long finger bending pull……I hope the lighter springs work for you because I know I’d hate to give up my PM9 but sometimes it’s better to find a better tool that fits your physical situation rather than trying to modify one to make do…….Good luck and let us know how it goes……

Wow, Deadeye I feel for you. Trying to find the best protection is obvious not going to be easy. Not sure a short light crisp trigger will be in your best interest. It may cause even more trouble for you, since you do not have good finger control. The odds of the gun firing inadvertently would be greatly increased especially in a time of stress when muscles of the and and finger naturally compress as a normal reaction. As much as I hate to say it, this maybe one of those cases where it is safer to not carry and rely on your experience of situational awareness. I saw a study years ago that even folks trained to keep the finger off the trigger will actually place it on the trigger during stress. Something to think about. The Kahr might still be the best choice. If a stressful event did happen, the pain of pulling the trigger would not be a factor if you are physically capable at all of that movement. Just guessing. I have no idea what I would do, but for sure I would not take a light crisp trigger which IMO is not safe for anyone. Maybe a firearm that is striker fired with a lot of free play, but a heavy pull at the wall? Maybe a straight trigger from Gallaway and the lighter springs from him as well, might be a solution for staying with the Kahr.

We made slight changes to the geometry of the swing, as well as added a post travel stop to help you take 10% of your triggers post travel out, making for a shorter overall pull length. Combine it w and Reduced Power Spring kit for the ultimate Kahr every day carry pistol. Become one with your gun and get yours today!**

https://gallowayprecision.com/kahr/c...and-45-pistols

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye View Post
    My Arthritis problems have gotten so bad I'm having trouble squeezing the trigger on my CM9. Has anyone tried the MCarbo trigger springs? I ordered a set to try. Gotta do something!
    I put the MCarbo trigger springs in my CM9. Also added the Galloway Precision "Gallowglass" flat faced trigger in anticipation of the reduced re-set trigger kit they were working on. Unfortunately, Galloway later informed me that they had given up on that project. Additionally, I went with Magguts +1 magazine kits and Pearce magazine base plates.
    These modifications have improved the CM9 and until or unless open carry is legalized... it remains my choice for EDC. I decided to undertake them because I like "trying things" and I discovered that ( apparently) my CM9 has little trade-in value in the marketplace.
    I only post this to advise that there are inexpensive options you can try that might help. The good news is that all of these companies are great folks to deal with and in every case the performance of my CM9 has not been diminished in any way. Quite the opposite.

I have the MCarbo springs in my CM9. Reduced the trigger pull to under 4 lbs. Makes the trigger feel noticeably lighter and smoother. Have not had any light primer strikes.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Thanks for all the responses. I truly appreciate it. i am fortunate that only the last three fingers on my right hand are twisted. The trigger finger somehow survived except it is a little weaker than it used to be. The 7# pull was getting to be a little too much for it. No spasms. The medication the Dr. put me on has stopped the advance of the problem. Springs are on the way.

Sorry for that. Haven't seen any of them.
    So passionate keep the spirit Mahn!
    minotaurfightstore | minotaurfightstore
    Last edited by TyraNoah; 02-24-2022 at 02:04 PM.