Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finished The 1911

Default Finished The 1911

I posted up some progress pics a few months back, and have just now finished it. The wife being gone on vacation without me has had me putting my idle hands to work. A few minor things will change in the future (polish msh pin, sear/disco pin and the recoil plug, repaint inside of rear sight), but for the most part it’s done. I’m happy with the results. I can’t quite get it’s reflection/shinyness on camera, other than that 1st pic where you can see me holding my phone to take that pic.
    01680682-32A0-4340-91E4-A7CCB4FD801F.jpegDD5EC28D-E1DA-48F5-896A-D4CDB3F6A336.jpg4B284FAD-270F-4DD3-9399-EDF84A8BAB2D.jpgB369D6D0-8048-4293-844C-2468555D9308.jpg

Excellent Sunday go to meeting / BBQ gun. Those grips make my britches stick out in front. Well done.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Very sexy!
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, CZ75

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    I posted up some progress pics a few months back, and have just now finished it. The wife being gone on vacation without me has had me putting my idle hands to work. A few minor things will change in the future (polish msh pin, sear/disco pin and the recoil plug, repaint inside of rear sight), but for the most part it’s done. I’m happy with the results. I can’t quite get it’s reflection/shinyness on camera, other than that 1st pic where you can see me holding my phone to take that pic.
    01680682-32A0-4340-91E4-A7CCB4FD801F.jpegDD5EC28D-E1DA-48F5-896A-D4CDB3F6A336.jpg4B284FAD-270F-4DD3-9399-EDF84A8BAB2D.jpgB369D6D0-8048-4293-844C-2468555D9308.jpg
    Super nice. Man that looks like it was a lot of work.What did you use?

Thanks fellas! Colonal, you always have a way with words!

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat View Post
    Super nice. Man that looks like it was a lot of work.What did you use?
    Thank you! I first used stones, files and sandpaper. 100 grit to 1500 grit. Then on to the buffing wheel and dremel, with first black rouge, then green.

What's the combo for the rouge colors. I have some white, and some darker, black and green. The white is a huge stick, the others are those little containers that come with dremel stuff. I just don't know what's what.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    What's the combo for the rouge colors. I have some white, and some darker, black and green. The white is a huge stick, the others are those little containers that come with dremel stuff. I just don't know what's what.
    I’ve only ever used the black and the green. Only because my buddies dad, who was a hot rodder and liked to polish his trim peices, etc, showed me what to use years ago. I’m sure the pro’s use some of the other colors too. The black is more corse, and the green less so. I think your white is even finer than the green. Been a bit since I looked at that stuff as I bought 2 sticks of each (black/green) last time.

Holy smokes Bird, that is just stunning, way cool and very beautiful!!!……I smell BBQ…..

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    Holy smokes Bird, that is just stunning, way cool and very beautiful!!!……I smell BBQ…..
    Thank you!