Xssights   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finished The 1911

Very Very Nice

Thanks maxwell! I haven’t pulled it out in a while, so thanks for reminding me. Maybe with cooler weather coming I can get out into the shop and truly finish it. Cheers!

Looks nice.......................I had some grips like that on a Beretta. That shine comes in handy if you want an a hole to see his reflection right before you shoot.

I wouldn’t ever carry something like it, but catch your drift. Kinda hard to miss seeing it in the sunlight. If I ever do sniper work, it would not be my go to, for a few reasons

Not even to a BBQ? I'd carry it with pride every day. People get way too worked up about shiny stuff reflecting. Most times folks will only see it for a second or two before the big flash.
    Had officers insist on blued magazines, they wore and looked like heck in no time. Probably a bit more appropriate for officers but never bothered me in the least.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Not even to a BBQ? I'd carry it with pride every day. People get way too worked up about shiny stuff reflecting. Most times folks will only see it for a second or two before the big flash.
    Had officers insist on blued magazines, they wore and looked like heck in no time. Probably a bit more appropriate for officers but never bothered me in the least.
    I’m hoping that one day Floriduh will have open carry. If so, I’d buy a nice leather holster and wear it for sure. I have to iwb anything for now and would not want to sweat up all my hard work. Also, I would have to train a bit to get used to thumbing off the safety as I’ve always carried guns that either have no safety, or the safety off, which I wouldn’t do with a 1911. Supposedly, Desantis and crew are going to push for open carry and constitutional carry next year. We shall see. Keeping my fingers crossed. I have a STI (5”) that I’d love to open carry too. If that day comes, it may be my final polishing project as it is stainless & alloy, which begs for a polishing! Cheers!

Get a Garrett IWB holster, I don't think sweat would be a problem. The solution for the safety is to just send it to me. For your safety of course.
    I offer this as a public service don't cha know.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    I wouldn’t ever carry something like it, but catch your drift. Kinda hard to miss seeing it in the sunlight. If I ever do sniper work, it would not be my go to, for a few reasons
    I only mentioned the reflection in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Get a Garrett IWB holster, I don't think sweat would be a problem. The solution for the safety is to just send it to me. For your safety of course.
    I offer this as a public service don't cha know.
    I have heard good things about those Garrett holsters. Might just get one should Desantis pull it off. I greatly appreciate your looking out for my safety that way. Yer always such a kind hearted fella!

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    I only mentioned the reflection in a good way.
    10-4 brother! I didn’t take it wrong. But I could always angle it so the sun hits ‘em right in the eyes!