Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: July 4th Celebration!

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    Tokuno, thanks for helping celebrate our Independence Day! I know that most of us are thankful for our country and the freedoms we have. There are too many that don't even know what FREEDOM is. It sure isn't having a "benevolent" government give you everything that (they think) you need.

, but really
    My daughter texted us from Disneyland. She's a US Marine flute/piccolo player, and they had run two of their three performances - apparently didn't leave them much time to relax and enjoy the park, and no, they get neither overtime nor comp - good stewards of our tax dollars . If you're familiar with Sousa's Stars and Stripes Forever, she's Johnny on the spot for the familiar piccolo obbligato near the end. We haven't seen her perform live yet, so were sorry to miss the chance to fly down and thrill to her performance, but it was a choice of two great options.

Wow! I just searched for and watched this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-7XWhyvIpE

"The President's Own" U.S. Marine Band playing that. I skipped a few minutes to the piccolo part... 4 ladies... wow that is bright and brisk... gave me chills.

The video is from 9 years ago, though.

I know that you must be so proud.
    Last edited by wyntrout; 07-05-2021 at 12:51 PM.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

I managed to get a couple shots with fireworks in the background. And a shot of my VW flag pole base.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Very good! I didn't have as much luck with the fireworks and my flags... no wind and my camera quit, too. I've been trying to find a replacement... 9 years old and dropped on concrete a few times!

I got a few with my phone, but they aren't very good and my viewing angle wasn't as uncluttered as yours!

I'm still working on a light, too. Going to Lowe's to return the 4'x6' flag and get some more stuff... always need more stuff.
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

My light timer baffles me too, I need to come up with a better set up and want to get the light on the street side so your not looking at the light as you drive by. I have the solar light deal on top but it don't put out much light.

I got real lucky on them photos with my phone, just plain luck.

Just finished cleaning up after the shindig, celebrated my Marine son's birthday with a bunch of buddies and other friends. A lot of big bang stuff blown up and beer cans from here to the horizon and back. I got 3 craters in the front yard I hope I don't lose the lawn mower in, powerful stuff.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Well, it sounds like y'all had fun and celebrated the 4th!

I fired off about 8-10 #209 shotshell primers with my old pen flare igniter. Big whoop! But there were plenty of heavy duty mortar thingies around us. It sounded like a war zone.

Thomas Jefferson said

and

Sad to say my 4th wasn't much fun. My wife was in the hospital due to a stroke she had on Jun 26th. The really great news is that she was discharged today and should have a complete recovery in 3-6 months. That Saturday was the worst day of my life as I drove her to the ER 20 miles away. Today was one of the best days of my life as I drove her home today.

Still, the 4th means a lot to both of us. She was born and raised in England, but is more American than most people in this country. She had a great view of Pike's Peak from her room on the 7th floor in Colorado Springs and got to see a number of fireworks shows. Me? I got kicked out of her room at 8pm (Covid rules), drove the hour plus home, drank a couple of beers, said a prayer or two and gave thanks, then went to bed. Got up at 6am and drove back down to the Springs, went with her to her different therapy sessions. The doctor came in during her last session to give us the good.

The joy of the 4th may have been delayed, but I still feel blessed. I am so thankful to have my wife home with me, and the dog was more excited to see her come home than I have ever seen him!

I'm glad she's better and pray she recovers completely and quickly. We had an officers wife do the same thing, she thankfully recovered fully. One just never knows.
    Good news that she came home and dogs know stuff.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Sorry to hear about your wife’s stroke Bert, but it’s good to know that she is well on the way to recovery. I’m sure she will progress quickly with your devoted care. Good thoughts.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Me too Bert, very sorry but glad she’s doing well and will recover……Ischemic strokes are nothing to mess with and the quicker the person can get to a hospital the better chance they have to recover fully, there isn’t a long period of time to be able to get the TPA-clot buster injection so you did the right thing getting her to the hospital quickly……...She is in my prayers…..