Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace

Thread: K9 Ported Barrel

Default K9 Ported Barrel

Came upon a reasonable deal for an old Kahr E9 in good shape, so I purchased it. From everything I've read, the E9 pistol is a cosmetic downgrade from the K9 but is mechanically the same as the K9. Kahr makes a ported barrel for the K9, so the K9 barrel should fit the E9. Have shot competition pistols with ported barrels but those pistols were not much like a Kahr 9mm.
    If you've shot a K9 with a ported barrel, would love to hear how you thought it compared with the stock barrel, especially as to felt recoil.
    Also, does anyone know if Kahr ever offers discounts on parts such as the ported barrel? If they have, how did you become aware of the discount?

I saw an E9 probably 10 years ago in the middle of the Obama years. Guy wanted 400 for it and I should have bought it. Haven’t seen anything since in K9 or E9. Live and learn...
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

You can subscribe here (scroll down to bottom right of page), https://shopkahrfirearmsgroup.com/, for notification of sales.
    I’ve seen the ported barrel on sale several times. The biggest discount I’ve seen on it was 50%.
    You can play it safe and call Kahr to see if barrel is compatible. I actually was at was TommyGun earlier today, I’m going back in a couple days (live a few minutes away), I can ask around.

Thank you for responses. I registered for notice of upcoming sales. The E9 I purchased is the only one I've ever seen and I worked part time in a retail gun shop for several years. If the ported barrel goes on a good sale, I'll buy one to try.

If you check on Kahr's website, you should see what years the newer ported barrels fit. I believe they have a description and pic on how to tell whether the model's specs are too old for the newer barrels.

I don't know what years they made the E9, but I know my K9 (about 20+ years old) is not compatible without the factory modifying it.

Thinman, I sent you a PM