CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magguts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Magguts

I finally got around to trying the magguts I bought 3 years ago for my P380. I found you really have to look at the instructions to assemble. I found the 7th bullet is very hard to load. I suspect that will get easier as the springs take a little slack. I have tested it a bunch of times with PMC ammo and Buffalo Bore +P. It has worked perfectly. Here is my question: Since I bought my Magguts 3 years ago I have the design with the two regular looking springs. Since then the design has changed to one regular looking spring and some kind of multiple leaf spring. The website says it was done to make assembly easier. Does anyone know if just maybe it was done for reliability? For my EDC I would spend another 25 bucks if the new Magguts design was even 4% more reliability. Thanks, Dan PS: I did not waste my time emailing Magguts with this question as I already know the answer I would get no matter what the real reason for the change was.

Hey folks, I'm new on here. Got a dumb question. How do I post a new message ? I checked FAQ and I'm more confused now than before ! Thanks

Welcome aboard. No such thing as a dumb question! On a forum, years ago, I asked who BTW was...true story.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Just pick the sub forum you want to create a thread in. On the left side of the page is a block that says post new thread. When you click on that it will pop up and ask for a title and then just speak your peace.

Give it a whirl.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Who was it, got me curious?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Who was it, got me curious?
    hahahaha... Turns out some gracious members told me. Mr. Bythe Way.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Let's not forget my question guys! Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Whaleman View Post
    Let's not forget my question guys! Dan
    I have the one with the leaf-style spring. It didn't require looking at the instructions, other than the orientation of the springs, if I recall correctly. Loading is easier than with the factory springs. I was so impressed, when Magguts came out with their kit for the Sig P365, I bought a couple of those, as well. The original factory Sig magazines are a bear to load, but with the +2 Magguts kit, they're much easier. I think they might be on to something with these leaf springs, and it's only a matter of time until the manufacturers jump on the bandwagon, or start poaching patents.

Easier than factory? I find the 7th bullet in my old style magguts with two regular springs is very hard to get in. Thanks, Dan PS: Have you had both? Would you suggest I chuck my old style and buy the new style?

Quote Originally Posted by RustyIron View Post
    The original factory Sig magazines are a bear to load, but with the +2 Magguts kit, they're much easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whaleman View Post
    Easier than factory?
    The original factory Sig magazines are a bear to load, but with the +2 Magguts kit, they're much easier.