Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: 22lr opinions

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    845

    Default 22lr opinions

    What would be a 22lr gun that would come closest to a Kahr P380 for grip and trigger pull. I want something to practice with that is cheaper to shoot but still very much like the Kahr.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Posts
    919

    Default

    A few years ago I bought a Bersa Thunder .22 because it was close to my CM9 in weight and configuration. It was a jam-o-matic at first but I got it worked out. There's a Bersa .380 Thunder too but I'm sure it's bigger that a P380.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    What would be a 22lr gun that would come closest to a Kahr P380 for grip and trigger pull. I want something to practice with that is cheaper to shoot but still very much like the Kahr.
    Reload for your 380. Cheaper than 22lr. Don't be scared, you can do it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    845

    Default

    @Canine Dave, I've reloaded for 45ACP, 357 Maximum and many rifle calibers. I have a single stage press and if I were to reload for 380 I would want to go to a progressive for speed. I'm just not that interested in it as I would also have to pick up the brass out of the grass or at an indoor range. No thanks, I'd rather have a new gun.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wet & Wild Pacific NW
    Posts
    30,624

    Default

    Stay in your corner bawanna, leave it alone, roll away. Good boy.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

    RIP Muggsy & TMan

    "If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    845

    Default

    Ahh, come on, let it fly.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Central Floriduh
    Posts
    831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Stay in your corner bawanna, leave it alone, roll away. Good boy.
    Lol! I think I read you!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    @Canine Dave, I've reloaded for 45ACP, 357 Maximum and many rifle calibers. I have a single stage press and if I were to reload for 380 I would want to go to a progressive for speed. I'm just not that interested in it as I would also have to pick up the brass out of the grass or at an indoor range. No thanks, I'd rather have a new gun.
    My bad, I apoligize. I keep forgetting how plentiful and cheap 22lr is these days. Also, something good to know, is that one can now reload their 22lr! You'll like that. ( https://22lrreloader.com/ )

    Someone will come out of their corner soon to help you decide on that perfect 22 handgun!

    (I love tag team matches!)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wet & Wild Pacific NW
    Posts
    30,624

    Default

    Well I can't help but wonder, you got a perfectly good 45......nope, far as I go, end of the trail for me. Getting off at the next exit.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

    RIP Muggsy & TMan

    "If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    845

    Default

    A few months ago I picked up 3200 rounds of Federal 22LR for .10 per round. You just have to watch for it. I've been shooting it in my CZ75 conversion. Thought about a S&W model 41 but it's a lot of money and I think a CC practice gun would get more use.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun