Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop

Thread: Chance to pick up a M&P .45

Default Chance to pick up a M&P .45

This is a Gen1 4.5" in FDE. Box aand two 10 round mags. It was not an LE turnin gun so the trigger is not bad except for the non existent sound or feel of reset. I don't need the gun but a 45acp M&P for $350..
    What say any of you?
    "Never pet a burning dog"

If it sings to you buy it. Music is to the beholder of the music.

Other local agencies that went with the M&P's all seem very happy with them. Seems like a decent price but I've not researched it much, with today's stuff going on it can't be too bad.

PS-I'm on my way to the local shop to finally pickup my Canik Elite after the full 10 days waiting for the county to bless me which they haven't done but their time is up. Yes folks, another 9mm for the 45 guy. Got one of them red dot sight doo hickeys on top too, big step for a fella born 100 years too late.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I had the same gun but in black and it ran 100% with no issues…..I had an Apex duty carry trigger kit installed which really helped the reset and got rid of the mushy feel the factory trigger had and was worth doing…..I traded it for my current 9mm M&P 2.0 to consolidate calibers and now that I figured out how to remove the crappy safety levers my gun came with it’s perfect…….For 350 bucks I would pick that .45 up in a heartbeat if it’s in good condition, that’s a good deal with prices like they are these days……

I have the 40, and a 9mm conversion. I think it’s a fine gun for what you can get them for used. Like getsome, mine has the apex stuff, which did improve the trigger. These things are good running guns, parts are super available should you need them and overall a good buy in my opinion. On a side note, mine is the only one I’ll run the steel casing stuff through and it loves them!

M&Ps are nice! That’s a great price these days.
    Man of steel - Kahr T9, SP101

Well, the guy came in on Sat. and kept lowering the price. I stopped him at $300 and bought the gun. After the deal he threw in a box of .45's so in some cities I got the gun for free.
    Walked to the range with a mag of my handloads and despite the stock trigger which is spongy and goes "thonk", I got this at 30'
    http://

I will give Apex a call on Monday to see what they suggest to improve on the reset.
    http://
    "Never pet a burning dog"

That’s some good shooting 340 and you stole that gun……If you like the safety levers that’s fine but I hated mine because they were way too easy to snick on without meaning to so I removed them and like the gun much better without them because I can get a much higher grip without worrying about hitting the safety……You can order the polymer frame plugs from Smith for 15 bucks or so and there are several good YouTube videos on how to do it but it’s very easy to do….….The Apex duty carry trigger sear kit makes a world of difference in trigger break and helps with a positive reset feel, well worth the money……Smith got the trigger almost perfect with the 2.0 pistols but I like the grip feel on the first gen guns much better than the very rough feel of the 2.0 models but either one is a very nice pistol……