Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Kahr Shop

Thread: Little comparison

Default Little comparison

Today while at my favorite range I got to shoot my new Canik TP9 Elite, my Sig 365 and my Kahr T9 side by side.

I've shot the Sig before and the T9 but not the Canik. I wasn't terribly impressed with the Sig which surprised me since everyone I know that has one loves them. It carries very nice, is super comfy in hand but to me a lot of bark.

The Canik has a Shield Red Dot which makes it slightly unfair but aside from the trigger not being as smooth as the other two the Canik was the favorite today. Shoots easy, very accurate. A little wide (fat) for my taste but not horrible and I think it helps some. The pinky finger extension is pretty much a must have, not very comfy with the flush mag. The pinky gets all finger on and works much better, I'll be ordering another so both mags have them.

The T9 of course held it's own in all departments, took me a shot or two to get back in touch with the trigger but no issue. It did fail to lock back on empty, I'll take a look at that when I get home.

All in all a fun day at the range unlike last time when I forgot a couple bags. All to myself, just the way I like it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Nice report and I’m sure you enjoyed yourself. (I’ll ignore the part about liking the Sig least )

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

My two Caniks, a TP9sfx and a TP9 Elite SC, have impressed me greatly. They are almost HK like in their reliability, size and "feel". Both of these models sport a optic and one also has a laser which makes it a very fun gun. When the prices of the Canik line are factored in they become "best buys" IMHO.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    My two Caniks, a TP9sfx and a TP9 Elite SC, have impressed me greatly. They are almost HK like in their reliability, size and "feel". Both of these models sport a optic and one also has a laser which makes it a very fun gun. When the prices of the Canik line are factored in they become "best buys" IMHO.
    I also have the TP9SFX although don't have the optic on mine. Very accurate and easy to shoot. 20 round mags seem to never run out.
    I'm not giving up on the Sig, it does carry like it's not even there and I'm now able to load the magazine with some effort without the mag loader.
    The real winner of the day was my Wilson 1911, it was like it had guided bullets. My much loved CBob started shooting left when I was here in May, tapped the sight over when I got home and tried it again yesterday. Had to tap it more, still a bit left but close enough, not sure why the sight has to be so far right but it'll work.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

How are the Canik offerings holding up to extensive shooting with full house loads...or does anyone know yet..??
    In the current ammo situation...I have to wonder if those Canik guns are getting "wrung out" enough in range/match shooting to establish their longevity.
    I'm not knocking them...just asking if anyone has put enough full house rounds downrange to know.
    In other shooting disciplines I have a lot of experience in, there are Turkish shotgun offerings that look just like their Italian competitors. They have all the desirable features of any high grade competition gun. They have not established a good reputation for holding up to extensive use, say...200-300 rds per DAY every weekend..year around.
    Have the Canik handguns proven themselves in that kind of use ? I'm just asking.

Here's one review I've read. 5000 rounds of mostly steel cased ammo to boot. The Turks already have a well deserved reputation for high quality firearms.
    https://canikfanatikforum.com/topic4083.html
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.