Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally Found A Llama

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    Yours sounds like many of the stories I’ve read about them. That is one of the reasons why I wanted one. The challenge of trying to overcome that stuff. Maybe I’m a fool to do so, but at least there’s not a huge financial loss if it turns out to be beyond my capabilities.
    Perhaps you can buy some old Yugo's too.....especially if you are looking for a challenge!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Aaaaaaaaaaand......NO THANKS! You have to buy 2 of those. 1 to drive and one for parts.

Range report: I put approx 75 rounds through it. Shoots very low left. I shot another mini 1911 after just to make sure it wasn’t my lil flintch. About 6” low at 10 yards. Also, about 3” to the left. One mag looks more worn than the other. When I bought it, I figured the newer looking mag was purchased due to the worn looking mag having issues. I was correct on that assumption. So... more than a few failures to return to battery. I thought it racked way to easy, so yep, it needs a recoil spring. I also had one partial return to battery, but most of the issues were the failure to return to battery. Looking at this now...a recoil spring, new mag or new mag spring, getting adjustable sights, etc. etc. I now realize it isn’t for me. Between finding the parts, hoping they improve it, the labor, time involved in a fuff & buff, I guess I’m not willing to do all of that after all. You live and you learn.

Doesn't sound that bad to me, I think your giving up way too easy.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Doesn't sound that bad to me, I think your giving up way too easy.
    Normally, I would agree with you. I think I would be more up to it if I considered this one a keeper. My hands hurt so much finishing the polish job on that last one that it has me questioning myself on this one. It seemed like a good idea when I bought it. I’ve taken on other budget or known lemon gun projects in the past (GSG Firefly, AMT Back Up, Bersa Thunder 9, High Point, Para LDA 9) and made them run well when they were problematic, but I just don’t have it in me for this one. On top of all of that, it’s now the only 40 I own. With only a couple of boxes of that stuff left, and no other gun to shoot it out of, might as well focus on my 2 favorite calibers (9 & 45) as I still have plenty in stock to feed them. Thanks for the positive push though!

If it was anything but 40 I'd take up where you left off and try to make it run. For the same reasons you mention. I still have my K40 and a small amount of ammo to feed it but it don't get to ride with me very often, hardly ever now days. That Para LDA 9 just don't fit in with that list of guns you saved. I have 3 LDA's (all 45's) and never had issues with any of them. Don't shoot them much now days but they are ready whenever I am.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    If it was anything but 40 I'd take up where you left off and try to make it run. For the same reasons you mention. I still have my K40 and a small amount of ammo to feed it but it don't get to ride with me very often, hardly ever now days. That Para LDA 9 just don't fit in with that list of guns you saved. I have 3 LDA's (all 45's) and never had issues with any of them. Don't shoot them much now days but they are ready whenever I am.
    Yes, the 40’s don’t seem to get much attention these days. I know a lot of police still like that round though.
    The only reason I added the Para to that list is because it did not run when I got it. It’s slide looked like it got into bubba’s hands at some point, and with that soft finish they put on them, it looked rough. The problem (seller did not let me know) was it wouldn’t feed well and wouldn’t feed defense rounds at all. So, I think it was the second gun I ever polished and the second gun I ever worked on the guts. I very regret getting rid of that one. It too looked like chrome when I was done with it. With those beautiful (brown, not black) wood grips it looked super sharp too. When I finished it, it would also feed defense rounds pretty well, but not 100%. Back then it was going to be my main carry gun, but I couldn’t due to the the occasional mis-feed. It ran perfect with round nose though and, as you know, the trigger is pretty dang good for a double action. If I could afford more than 2 guns at a time back then I may have it still, but needed the money for it’s replacement. If I knew then what I know now!!! Those things command a few dollars more these days than back then. Congrats on owning 3 of them!!!

Man don’t I know that statement, “If I knew then what I know now” when it comes to trading guns I woulda kept those two 2 1/2” Smith model 19’s, one blue, one nickel and the Smith model 57 .41 mag I somehow foolishly traded for something I thought was better at the time………All I can say is What was I thinkin’……..Like most mistakes I’ve made in this life it reminds me of a country song………..

https://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=fTqra4YSsaM

So true! So long as we learn from our mistakes. Sounds like you’ve had some nice revolvers!