CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop

Thread: Best way to move rear sight?

Default Best way to move rear sight?

I need to drift the rear sight on my new Wilson CQB over as it's shooting about 3" to 4" to the left at 25 yds. It's their standard fixed with nite sight inserts.

On the SIG's I took care of we had a sight drifting tool that worked fine. We DID have an issue with a few Trooper using a brass drift to move rear sight...and their nite site inserts were damaged...don't want to do THAT to the Wilson.

Am I being overly cautious...use a brass drift? Or should I try to find a sight tool?

Thanks.

I feel like a dummy. My Dan Wesson CBob was shooting a bit left and I drifted the sight with punch and hammer, forgot I have a nice universal sight pusher.

It has an allen screw to secure it but is still a pretty snug fit. Guess it could damage the nite sight.

A sight tool is costly but you don't want to damage a Wilson.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Look for this on Amazon. I bought one exactly like it and it worked well. It’s relatively universal and works pretty good on any slide with flats on the sides.

StarONE Universal Handgun Sight Pusher Tool for Glock 1911 Sig Springfield and Others for Front or Rear Sights

The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Look for this on Amazon. I bought one exactly like it and it worked well. It’s relatively universal and works pretty good on any slide with flats on the sides.

StarONE Universal Handgun Sight Pusher Tool for Glock 1911 Sig Springfield and Others for Front or Rear Sights.
    How much excluding shipping fee?
    Last edited by rossjulie; 02-08-2022 at 11:33 AM.