Crimsontrace   Xssights   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugh...ugh...ahhh...Augusto!

"If we ever forget we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    This is me all day long.

Priceless

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

I posted that? It could be my avatar but no one could read the tiny print.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    I posted that? It could be my avatar but no one could read the tiny print.
    So K, WYN, we’re all family here, fugetaboutit

I saw an interview with Tokyo star olympic gymnast Simone Biles who said that she may try and compete in the singles balance beam competition tomorrow…..She said that she was still dealing with her mental state and stress issues but would try and do her best in the singles competition……While I respect her hard work and ability to jump, twist, flip and land on her feet after a vault landing and do tricks on a balance beam and all but somebody really needs to take young Simone aside and explain to her that real stress is being on a landing craft in rough seas heading towards a beach just praying to live through the day, then seeing the door open and the first half of your squad cut to pieces and having to jump into 12 foot deep water wearing full combat gear trying not to drown so you can somehow make it to the beach and stay alive to make a new plan to get through the day…….Sorry Simone but that’s real deal stress so suck it up and do your job girl because many brave young men died so that there would still be an America for you to represent our Country and Flag………

She's probably under more stress than I was trying to get to a bunker before a rocket or mortar landed on my head... or years later worried about catching a wingtip as we rolled almost 90 degrees from the wake turbulence of #1 and #2 in a 3-ship MITO of B-52D's on takeoff... peacetime 15 second interval, but Minimum Interval TakeOff... or guiding the pilot of your B-52 down into bad weather and having second thoughts after the turbulence encountered... all peacetime stress... the flying, anyhow.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

[img] [/img]
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    [img] [/img]
    My mom woulda stayed at 180 even while driving since she anyway had eyes in the back of her head. As it is, I wish I'd inherited the range of motion she had in her right shoulder joint. There was no safe space in the back seat of her car. We didn't have any seat belts, so I developed some good duck n dodge reflexes that have served me well in the corporate world.
    That picture reminds me of how rarely I see folks wearing those foamy cervical collar things nowadays, whereas it wasn't uncommon when I was a boy.
    I think I'll generation-gap myself a bit more from my kids by mentioning the cervical collar thing, as my mom did with us when reminiscing about the many local men in her youth with broken right forearms from incorrectly crank-starting their cars . . .

340pd, check this auction out... it went for $34,500.

https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...d-trench-rifle
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Pretty cool deal, like to have one myself. Course what don't I want to have for myself. I'll get them all eventually.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."