Xssights   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace

Thread: K9 slide gap

Default K9 slide gap

I just picked up a new K9 that I bought thru Gun Broker. Probably paid too much for it but I wanted a new, not pre-owned one. I already own a PM9 and a P380 and in the past had a PM45, all fine handguns. I also own or have owned in the past MANY handguns of various manufacturers. Now the issue with the new K9: there is a lot of side to side movement between the slide and frame, so much that the gun rattles if I shake it sideways. I've never had this before, even with an old worn out 1911. I haven't had a chance to shoot the new K9 yet but I'm thinking it won't be very accurate or dependable. I'd like thoughts or experiences with this issue from forum members. Tom

Hi Tom. It's difficult to address your issue without actually being there. We've heard of this issue in the past and just inserting a magazine makes the rattle stop. That being said I don't think the magazine should be responsible for making the gun tight.
    The one's I've heard about in the past suffered no accuracy issues so you might be ok.

This is something that if it's bad enough you might want to run by Kahr customer service. Send them an email, express your concern. Can you wiggle the slide on the frame considerable, side to side and / or up and down?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Magazine in or out, makes no difference. Movement is only side to side, not up & down. Without measuring with a micrometer I'd guess the movement at about 1/64". I intend to contact Kahr as I don't think this is right but thought I'd run it by forum members to make sure I'm not over reacting on this. Thanks for the response

Quote Originally Posted by Tom ray View Post
    Magazine in or out, makes no difference. Movement is only side to side, not up & down. Without measuring with a micrometer I'd guess the movement at about 1/64". I intend to contact Kahr as I don't think this is right but thought I'd run it by forum members to make sure I'm not over reacting on this. Thanks for the response
    Old thread revival Tom. What happened with your K9? The one I just bought has the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by iWander View Post
    Old thread revival Tom. What happened with your K9? The one I just bought has the same issue.
    Nothing, shoots fine and very accurate. Kahr said it's really not a problem. I guess I expected it to be like my 1911s; tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom ray View Post
    Nothing, shoots fine and very accurate. Kahr said it's really not a problem. I guess I expected it to be like my 1911s; tight.
    OK great! I'm glad it didn't effect function and thanks for answering!